What's new

Diesel Service Parts?

gerard_finn200

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 Accord i-CTDi
So I'm feeling a bit adventurous and want to tackle the service myself, I'm just wondering am I better to go to the dealer for service parts? Or is there anywhere in Ireland I could track them down a bit cheaper? Failing that, somewhere in the UK that could send genuine parts over here? Obviously I want to use genuine parts, but I'd like to do the job myself....well....just because you get that feeling of satisfaction that's lacking when you pay a garage to do the job! :)

Any help would be appreciated, cheers lads!

what ever you do if your car is a diesel USE A GENUINE HONDA FUEL FILTER. Do not use a pattern part.

Anyway here is a very good guide to servicing your car. http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/118-diy-full-engine-service-on-the-pre-facelift-i-ctdi-accord/

For parts try our affiliated dealer Holdcroft Honda and ask one of the admin for a discount code. They do post to your neck of the woods.

The only thing you need to make sure is 100% genuine is the fuel filter. All the other parts like air and oil filter you should be ok with a patern part like Fram etc.

Thanks for that...I was thinking of replacing the Air filter for the Pipercross one from one of the threads around here, so that just leaves a pollen and oil filter that I can get from a local motor factors.

Been reading over that guide too and it all seems grand until the fuel filter crops up, I love a challenge though ;)

Thanks for that...I was thinking of replacing the Air filter for the Pipercross one from one of the threads around here, so that just leaves a pollen and oil filter that I can get from a local motor factors.

Been reading over that guide too and it all seems grand until the fuel filter crops up, I love a challenge though ;)
Just make sure you use a genuine FF and OIL filter

Just another question, Castrol Edge 0w30 fully synthetic oil is on special offer in Halfords over here at the moment, that's the proper oil for the Accord isn't it?

EDGE 0w 30 is the correct oil for the Diesel unit. Perhaps look into getting the 25 litre barrel from lubetech shop. Its a good oil and works out very reasonable per oil change. Put it this way, at that price per change you can do more changes more often which the engine will thank you for int he longrun.

EDGE 0w 30 is the correct oil for the Diesel unit. Perhaps look into getting the 25 litre barrel from lubetech shop. Its a good oil and works out very reasonable per oil change. Put it this way, at that price per change you can do more changes more often which the engine will thank you for int he longrun.

Great, thanks for that! Just happened to see the offer on the website so I'll go with that for now. Thanks for the help mate! :)

no worries dude. The lubetech stuff really is good stuff. Im about to put in another order again for a barrel

Good luck mate ;)

Just another question, went to reserve that oil online and I see that there's a simple 0w-30 Fully Synth, and then there is a 0w-30 Turbo diesel container too, both Castrol Edge obviously! I'd be inclined to think the Turbo Diesel one is the correct oil but I haven't seen it mentioned specifically in any of the guides here?! Any help? :blush:

Chances are you'll get fuel rail pressure problems, limp home mode will keep kicking in, and you'll end up tearing your hair out. It really isn't worth the saving of a few quid.

Great stuff....thanks for all the replies! Hoping to get parts organised tomorrow, my nearest Honda dealer is over 50 miles away so luckily I have to make the trip up for other reasons! Might as well hit the two birds with the one stone... :D