What's new

Diesel smell in cabin

mikdys

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 EX
Any ideas why (it didn't use to smell like this before a Honda service 1,000 miles ago now)?

cracked manifold. do a search mate this is common and covered under warranty.

here did the searching for you.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/79-exhaust-fumessmell-in-cabin-i-ctdi/

As Neal said fella

Cracked manifold, get it to the dealer quick if its less than 125k miles - should be covered for free.

Great work Neil helping the member out.

To OP get this sorted asap as its a major health and safety issue.

HUK have toughened up with warranty claims but this one is pretty black and white thankfully.

Thanks for the replies - I'll get onto my Honda dealer tomorrow about it (lucklily I have full Honda service history to date so that should help).

Thanks for the replies - I'll get onto my Honda dealer tomorrow about it (lucklily I have full Honda service history to date so that should help).
most likely remedy,if its just after service,could have been a messy tech!...have even seen a few leaky injectors

1000 miles is not 'just after a service' though mate..

Mike.

I notice you say yuo live in Hampshire ??

Where abouts ?

I am currently suffering with injector blowby.
this can be checked by removing the engine cover and checking around each injector.
My issue is this injector...
IMAG0575.jpg

closer in......
IMAG0573.jpg

IMAG0574.jpg

You can easily see if its leaking or not as it will be 'wet' or sooty around the injector.

I phoned Honda Ascot earlier this morning and I'm waiting for a call back (they are going to check if Honda will cover it).

Thinking about this a bit more I'm convinced this is why I have been feeling tired and have had headaches over the past two months or so (I actually went to see my doctor about it but he could find nothing wrong - I should have asked him to check for carbon monoxide poisoning!).

Until I get it fixed I'm going to keep the heater on the re-circulate setting (I'm guessing the fumes get dragged into the heater plenum and enter the cabin this way).

I'll let you know how I get on and thanks again :)

Booked in for tomorrow - will be FOC if it is confirmed to be the manifold and should be fixed for Thursday - £18 for a courtesy car for two days.

Impressed so far - I'll report back how it all turns out.

Fingers crossed it is actually the manifold cracked and not something else chargeable (whatever it is makes one hell of a diesel smell but I can't actually see the state of the manifold itself because of the cover that is fitted on top of it - I guess the technician will have to "diagNOSE" as well :D ).

Mike.

I notice you say yuo live in Hampshire ??

Where abouts ?

I am currently suffering with injector blowby.
this can be checked by removing the engine cover and checking around each injector.
My issue is this injector...
IMAG0575.jpg

closer in......
IMAG0573.jpg

IMAG0574.jpg

You can easily see if its leaking or not as it will be 'wet' or sooty around the injector.