What's new

Disable Automatic Locking

Angelchops

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2L Vetec 2003
I'm new to the forum having bought a 2003 Accord only yesterday.

One feature that is already starting to irritate me is the way the car automatically locks itself after 30 seconds. I have a habit of leaving my keys in the boot after I've loaded the shopping and I know it'll only be a matter of time before I lock the keys inside.

I see that the later generation accords have a 'routine' whereby you can turn off the automatic locking feature. I've tried this on my car and it doesn't appear to work. Has anyone found a way to disable auto locking on a 7th generation Accord?

Welcome along. I'm pretty sure once you unlock it, as long as you open a door or the boot, the auto locking won't happen. It's only if you unlock the car and don't open anything. It's like a safeguard against accidentally unlocking your car from your pocket as you walk away or something.

At least that's how my car seems to work anyway.

nope if you unlock the car, open boot the car still locks again automatically. one of the doors must be opened in order not to lock automatically.

Hmmm, maybe it's different on the Tourer. I'm certain mine doesn't lock again once the boots opened.

I have FL sedan and mine is locking if i will open just boot. I need to open doors

Stevearcade said:
Hmmm, maybe it's different on the Tourer. I'm certain mine doesn't lock again once the boots opened.
The tourer has one more door than the saloon...

I see what you did there ;) :lol: