What's new

Disc Read Error - Sat Nav Issues

VeneziaPhoto

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi,

Newby here, so be kind :) I've been experiencing some Sat Nav Disc Read issues mostly at really inconvenient times, so I thought I'd share my experience. Please be sure that you undertake any of the below at your own risk. All I can do is share what's worked for me.

I'd been trying to find something for a Honda Accord 2009 dTec EX sat nav disc read issue and found nothing, so here goes, a step by step guide to what I've done:

1. Put key in ignition and eject DVD from unit in the boot
2. Remove ignition key and return to the boot
3. This is where things get tricky, hope you can Limbo!
4. Remove screws from side of DVD unit marked below
DSC_5600ps1%201024.jpg

5. Then remove 6 cable plugs from the rear of the unit, this is tricky on a number of counts, firstly being upside in the boot! secondly the cables all have clips, that I've tried to show below
DSC_2280%20cli2p1024.jpg

6. Once all the cables have been removed the DVD unit should slide out

7. Once outside you can take it in the warm and light, look at the back of the unit and remove the three screws shown below

DSC_2277ps1024.jpg

8. Gently lift the "lid" (the font of the unit has black tape around it allowing the lid to lift a little.)
DSC_2276%201024.jpg

9. I then used a ear bud with some cleaning solution for camera sensors to clean the DVD lens BE VERY CAREFUL THIS IS DELICATE!!!!!
DSC_2275%20ps1024.jpg

10. Then lower lid, replace 3 screws.

11. Pop unit back in car, replace the 6 cable plugs

12. Put screws back in sides (from point 4 above)

13. Switch on ignition and reinsert disc

14. You may get this note on screen "The navigation system lost power and is acquiring its location from GPS satellites....
DSC_2281ps1024.jpg

15. Follow instructions to move away from high buildings and hopefully it should spring back into life

I've driven 550 miles in the last two days, no errors reported again, so fingers crossed all sorted.

So if you've experienced similar, good luck!

Welcome to the forum man. What a great first post, this will be very helpful to 8th gen owners I'm sure.

Welcome pal, what an intro and from the team at Type Accord welcome.

I did the same for my 7th gen. Looks like the issue has progressed to 8th gen too