What's new

discombobulated

m444lyx

Members
Reaction score
Car
Nike Air Max's
The only way to express the meaning of the word above.

When I bought my car the left side was higher then the right, the rear left shocker was leaking so I had it replaced, car sat better for a while, the front end was atleast 3m down from one side, I changed that shocker and it sat even lower, baffled by this I swapped the front two shockers around, it was much better (for a few minutes anyway) got home from the garage and checked it again - the left side is now EVEN higher than the before and the right is completley down, almost touching the inside of the wing

I cant figure out what it is??

My car is now even worse than when I started and im £150 out of pocket !

Isn't it the suspension springs that set the ride height (***uming standard suspension setup) ?

I've always understood the shock absobers to do just that - damping out movement due to road surface variations.

Cheers
Robin

Inverted spring, maybe?

Springs mate not shocks. I have some springs from a 2.0 i-vtec saloon if you need some (not sure if they are ok for the diesel though)

Ahmed you should always replace shocks in pairs mate.

Ahmed you should always replace shocks in pairs mate.

So I have been told but from what I can see the guy I bought the car off had already changed one side hence the limp

The springs are only about 2-3 months old and they are red lowering springs - not sure make or anything like that

Before I had it changed the ride was really rough and if I didnt see a pothole there was a loud knock sound (very harsh & annoying)

Since swapping the new shock around with the other shock its a lot softer on that side but the new shock is still settling in so im not sure overall, will be going to pick a friend up from work tonight and theres a long bumpy road so good for the road test i suppose

Over the past hour or so the front side of the car looks level now so we shall see tonight

You could've put that £150 towards a set of coilovers to have the height set even all around.

Puppy john investigate into the issue of the near side always being higher than the offside before and after fitting his apec kit. The man coughed up the goods for one of the most expensive coilovers after that too to make his motor sit minted. Try a search its been covered before about the staggered oem height