What's new

** DIY - FULL LED CONVERSION **

Anyone who is swapping the indicators out for LEDs is aware you need to load the circuit to get the flash at the right rate.

Instead of buying resistors you can just solder the original, or a slightly lower power bulb across the connector. You have to add the extra pair of wires anyway, so instead of wiring the resistor, use the original bulb. The same care has to be taken over its location so as not to overheat anything near it, but saves drilling a hole and buying a resistor. Just another option when doing the indicators.

This is what I get on the satnav screen as soon as I fit an LED bulb to my reverse light:-

IMAG0061.jpg

As soon as I put the original back everythings normal. Surely if there was a crossed wire or bad connection etc then I`d get the same interference with the original

It's clearly interfering. There is circuit inside the LED that is radiating, all I can think to ask for now is when you wired the camera did you use screened 75ohm cable?

It's clearly interfering. There is circuit inside the LED that is radiating, all I can think to ask for now is when you wired the camera did you use screened 75ohm cable?

No I just used the cable that came with the camera with a standard audio phono extension lead to extend it to the screen. I`m not bothered too much now I`ll just stick with the original bulb, everything works fine with that in.

The biggest problem I had with the LEDs is with the stop/tail bulbs. When I fit those it seems to be causing a warning light to come on on the dash (flashing glow plug light) along with "check system" on the display. I`ve gone back to the original and no problems. At this rate I will have removed them all eventually, my car doesn`t seem to like LEDs.

What LED is needed for the glove box?
SMD-501 any colour you want

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp78/J4JAV/Diagram2.jpg

Had to finish my LED conversion for the day, light is fading. got them all done except for the drivers side front indicator, sometimes i hate this diesel...no space to work in!! Looks like i'll have to take the headlamp unit out to get at the bulb housing and wiring, was hoping to get it done without having to do that :(

Anyways, took a quick video to compare the standard indicator bulb and the LED bulb, hadn't seen any others on here.

Linkage

Just found this on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lcrazyaznl#p/u/5/vRPv4aVg9b8

the videos show bumper removal, headlight removal, and even where to pry the covers off for the interior lights. Thought it might come in useful for someone who is thinking of doing these mods + the hid install

Hi mate,

what kind of DVD player to you have beneath the standard car stereo?

Did you fit any fascia or something to fit that DVD player?

Anyone know which bulbs the honda uses for the fog lights in front?

that is a Pioneer multimedia unit mate, and also yes got the fasica from Honda.

Jacob the fog lights are H11 I think, you can also fit HID into them too.

no the lens for the light clips out.

Thank Jav, btw when you changed your door lights at the bottom, did you have to take your door panel off?

Ajacob, if you look at the link i posted earlier in this thread, the videos from the same guy on youtube show you how to replace the bulbs in the door cards

edit: Jav beat me to it

thanks for the info Jav and great video link sam i must have missed it.

Guys iv just change the back lights to LEDS as well so it just the 3rd brake/reverse and fog light to do.
Javs DIY says these are 7443/7440 bulbs but iv just tried the brake lights which are these but they don't fit :unsure:
The old bulbs say 7440 so am i right to say that i need LEDS with just 7440 rather than 7443/7440.

Hi guys I'll be buying smd led side lights and just don't know which should I take. With how many leds? I found there is many of them on ebay i.e 4 smd or 5 smd? And are they the same in doors and for plate?cheers

Hi guys I'll be buying smd led side lights and just don't know which should I take. With how many leds? I found there is many of them on ebay i.e 4 smd or 5 smd? And are they the same in doors and for plate?cheers
Grzesiek i went for 25 smd for side lights/
5 smd for door cards and number plate because i think the 25 were to long.

Grzesiek i went for 25 smd for side lights/
5 smd for door cards and number plate because i think the 25 were to long.
:eek: Brett I thought that 25 will not fit that they will be too long :p but if U fit them then I'll take them to :) I ordered 5 smd so I'll put them somewhere :) Thanks for help.

:eek: Brett I thought that 25 will not fit that they will be too long :p but if U fit them then I'll take them to :) I ordered 5 smd so I'll put them somewhere :) Thanks for help.
For sidelights brighter the better to match your HIDS :D

I hope they will match to my HIDs :D or maybe it will solve issue with shadows on my HIDs :rolleyes: :p

What hid's do you recommend me to buy? What size should they be are they H1 H4 ....??
Thanks mates,

have a search mate all the info is hear. If you have a 7th gen its h1

just read the thread and must say its a very good one fair play to you nice bit of work done there B)

Hi guys, I've been reading through this post, the forum, and other forums but I still don't get it.

Exactly what types of LEDs, sizes, number of LEDs per unit (25, 5, 4), connections, form-factors (wedge?), sizes/lengths, etc. would I need for the full LED conversion? (well the interior, side lights, and license plate lights anyway). My car is a 2007 Accord Ex 2.2 iCTDi.

I can't seem to find the full information anywhere, only pieces.

Here is a link for different lights with good pictures, could link needed items to this: http://www.dealextreme.com/c/car-led-light-bulbs-712

^ I'm not asking for ye to do my shopping tho, haha :p just need to make sure I'm ordering the correct ones

Can anyone please help?

Hi all,

Found this nice video on youtube, might be useful for some people.

Can someone just confirm what bulb type goes into the reverse light? Really liked CJ's and Bretts

Can someone just confirm what bulb type goes into the reverse light? Really liked CJ's and Bretts
Shabz mate the lamp you need is i think fitment 7440.If you look at Javs 1st post it says 7443 / 7440 this is for the brake and tail combined lamps.Iv tryed these even though they look the same they wont fit the reverse or fog and middle brake.To be 100% just pop out the lamp its a 2 sec job :) .By the way reverse/ fog/ and middle light are same.

Yep was right this is wear i got mine from

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Car-Bulbs-T20-7440-24-LED-White-Turn-Tail-Brake-Light_W0QQitemZ140454803000QQcategoryZ28644QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3911.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7897900711116889188
On mine they didn't work what you need to do is bend the wires around the opposite way to the way they come.When you get them you will no what i mean and they took about 2 weeks to come.