What's new

** DIY - FULL LED CONVERSION **

Hi all,

I will be doing LED conversions with my EX gen 8 as soon as i get my hands on it.

I see that the post was made for gen 7, is there a fitment type list for the gen 8?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I will be doing LED conversions with my EX gen 8 as soon as i get my hands on it.

I see that the post was made for gen 7, is there a fitment type list for the gen 8?

Many thanks in advance.
I haven't seen one yet Des but im sure there will be someone hear soon with that info.

Des mate the best way to check for fitments is take the existing bulb out and the fitment should be wrote on the bulb.

I did the same for my old Auris and I bought all my bits from autobulbsdirect (good quality) and ultraled (had 2 blown out of 4 unit purchase), but I will check out the ebay cheers :)

Brett, I will get my hands dirty and take a look properly when i get the car, which hopefully will be next Monday. Can't wait :D

every single LEDS has been bought from this seller http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/warden_jp2002
a year and half down not a single LED has blown..touch wood.
Yep mine to and had no problems at all

Slightly off topic, can i ask what types are dipped beam and fog light bulbs are please?

I bought bulbs to replace my fogs, then found out both screws are seized up, can't budge them. Plus the fact that they are made of butter, any bit of pressure and the heads start rounding :-(

Never really used them tbh, maybe the previous owner had em on night and day, I'll have another lash at them when the weather gets a bit better. A 6pack, 2 liters of wd40 and a lump hammer should do it :)

Got my 25 SMD LEDs put into the sidelights. Got them from hyx_2001 on ebay (here) Item called "2X 25 SMD LED HID White 194 168 501 W5W sidelight bulbs"

5547721621_f8eb1e9993_b.jpg

5548308356_6f0f46de44_b.jpg

Well finally got my hands on my gen 8 Accord and I am now officially an owner :)

Already got my hands dirty and changed the number plate bulbs to LED.

I just wanted to confirm about the brake/tail lights.

I see that it is a dual filament bulb, am I right in thinking that I should be considering type 7443 specifically as replacements?

I also changed the front side lights (not to LED, but a 3400k halogen), did anyone have to take the coolant reservoir tank out to get to the offside side lights??? I did as this was the only way to get to the bulbs.

Does anyone have any tips on the easiest way to get to the fog light bulbs?

Many thanks in advance.

did anyone have to take the coolant reservoir tank out to get to the offside side lights??? I did as this was the only way to get to the bulbs.

I had the same issue with the 7th gen, check here: http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/3456-removing-sidelights/page__view__findpost__p__42334
Not sure if it's the same on the 8th gen though

As for fog lights, jack it up or take off the front bumper ... again, that's for 7th gen so I'm not sure.

I had the same issue with the 7th gen, check here: http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/3456-removing-sidelights/page__view__findpost__p__42334
Not sure if it's the same on the 8th gen though

As for fog lights, jack it up or take off the front bumper ... again, that's for 7th gen so I'm not sure.

:lol: Not quite pulling out the coolant tank out... whatever works i suppose!

Wow, thats a pain in the bum... I have checked my manual and it does state you need to approach it from the bottom. Not sure if i could be bothered.

Just been out for a drive (at night) and realised that the high level brake light (the one in the middle and bottom of the rear window) is filament, any idea what fitment this one is?

I`ve decided to go back to normal bulbs at the rear.

The stop/tail LEDs caused my glow plug light to flash and caused me no end of problems mentioned in another thread.

The reverse bulb caused interference on my satnav screen when in reverse (I have a reverse camera fitted)

And yesterday I was told that my rear indicators where hardly noticeable in daylight so they are coming out today.

So only number plate and side lights at the rear now

Hi Des

I have a 7th Gen diesel tourer.

I fitted this one
IMAG0084.jpg

to the stop/tail and the exact same bulb to the indicators and reverse but obviously in orange and white respectively.

Like I said the stop/tail caused the glow plug light to come on, it would disappear after a while but come back again soon after usually when I put the car into reverse. The satnav screen would also show some interference (as shown in Javs LED howto thread). As soon as I went back to filament for the reverse the screen problem stopped but the glow plug light problem remained.

What happened with that is detailed here http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1459-new-brake-pedal-switch/page__p__17029__hl__davemazo__fromsearch__1#entry17029. An expensive fix just for a poxy LED bulb.

The indicators worked fine but just weren`t bright enough. I have kept the ones at the front though.

I didn`t bother with the high level brake light.

I used 7443/7440 as referred to by a few people here and followed their links on Ebay.

Hope you don`t mind but I`ll put all this in the thread to help others.

Dave, what was the fix in the end of the flashing glow plug light? I'm not sure I ever saw it resolved?

Hi Des

I fitted this one
IMAG0084.jpg

to the stop/tail and the exact same bulb to the indicators and reverse but obviously in orange and white respectively.

Like I said the stop/tail caused the glow plug light to come on, it would disappear after a while but come back again soon after usually when I put the car into reverse. The satnav screen would also show some interference (as shown in Javs LED howto thread). As soon as I went back to filament for the reverse the screen problem stopped but the glow plug light problem remained.

What happened with that is detailed here http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1459-new-brake-pedal-switch/page__p__17029__hl__davemazo__fromsearch__1#entry17029. An expensive fix just for a poxy LED bulb.

The indicators worked fine but just weren`t bright enough. I have kept the ones at the front though.

I used 7443/7440 as referred to by a few people here and followed their links on Ebay.

Thanks - you just saved me wasting my money on further upgrades......I have replaced the courtesy lights in the door from the standard white bulb to a 5 SMD red LEDS - they are very bright, and are very hi-vis on dark unlit roads!!!! Will probably do the number plate lights. Have ordered some 25 SMD led white H1 bulbs to try in the headlights....don't know how well they will work. let you know.

Thanks - you just saved me wasting my money on further upgrades......I have replaced the courtesy lights in the door from the standard white bulb to a 5 SMD red LEDS - they are very bright, and are very hi-vis on dark unlit roads!!!! Will probably do the number plate lights. Have ordered some 25 SMD led white H1 bulbs to try in the headlights....don't know how well they will work. let you know.
Simon 25 SMD led white H1 bulbs to try in the headlights.Are you sure you don't mean sidelights as LEDS for headlight are no good you need HIDS.

Hi Des

I fitted this one
IMAG0084.jpg

Also guys im not sure if its just the saloon but the 7443/7440 rear brake and tail light don't fit the 3rd brake or reverse light iv tried it.For the reverse and 3rd brake you need a 7440 only the 7443 is the combined bulb.The 2 fitments are almost the same but just a slight difference.

I can bud...

*edit* Seems Jav has removed his pictures :(.