What's new

DIY - Installing Bluetooth Carkit + Display

Well seeing as its my birthday today (happy birthday me lol) my wife has decided that my ageing E61i must be replaced and has bought me a new E72.. so I think I'm going to upgrade from the CK7W and either get the CK300 or CK600 kit..

Happy birthday Fahad! Go with the CK600, it's a great kit and I love it. Since you already have the CK-7W installed (still do?), you can reuse the Mic from the old kit and hook it directly into the new kit.

I suppose you'll have to get a registered installer to put it in for you, hahaha :p :lol:

Padraig, just bought a CK300 (I read up and basically the 300 is identical to the 600 but without the screen - and I don't see the point of the screen). I already have the Autoleads telemute lead, so I suppose I can re-use most of that too.

Can you confirm if you get phone audio from all 4 speakers or just front two. I note you said earlier that you get it from all 4, but I looked at the SOT lead you have and it says it only pushes audio to front two. That would make more sense as every other car I've ever installed a telemute in always pushes it to the front two (except SAAB/GM/Vauxhall where they have a special factory telemute integrated to the audio headunit)

I just wanted to say thank you for the guide.

I purchased a parrot 3200 LS colour and a sot 047 lead and used your guide.

had a bit of problems with the mute, but i think thats sorted now :D.

Also from me opening the car door to shutting it with the kit installed, took me 58 minutes :D

Hi, really useful guide and very comprehensive. There is one step you've missed though, once you have taken the air vents off, taken the screws off the top of the car stereo etc, before you can pull the head unit out, there are also two nuts at the bottom of the stereo. You need to take those off too before the stereo comes out. (Only 4 are mentioned in the guide).

Top marks though :D

Hi, really useful guide and very comprehensive. There is one step you've missed though, once you have taken the air vents off, taken the screws off the top of the car stereo etc, before you can pull the head unit out, there are also two nuts at the bottom of the stereo. You need to take those off too before the stereo comes out. (Only 4 are mentioned in the guide).

Top marks though :D

Oh, must have missed a step so ... sorry :D Thanks for the message.

also another bit to add in.

there have been a few members stating the mute function is not working properly. this is due to the mute lead not being fully insterted in to the plastic connector.

i used a small pin to push the metal socket all the way to the front of the connector.

These sort of threads are just my cup of tea...nicely done! must be a lot better with handfree :)

Digging up an old thread but..... I was wondering if the control unit could be fitted under the panel for the upper vents?

Right, I got all the centre console stripped out ready for the morning, I am convinced, if there is enough room then the control unit can go up top behind the centre vents.

Thanks for this write up, I was stuck with what to do with the pink wire and the harness kit nor the bluetooth kit said what to do with it, all installed now!!

dcm1971 said:
Thanks for this write up, I was stuck with what to do with the pink wire and the harness kit nor the bluetooth kit said what to do with it, all installed now!!
Glad you got it installed. Where did you end up putting the box? Behind the vents?

It went up behind the vents, loads of room up there and it also made ramming the extraordinary amount of cable on the SOT47 cable adaptor far easier to shoe horn in, I did take a couple of pics, to put them up do I need to host them somewhere first?

Just installed my mki9200 parrot with sot 047 cable. Easy peasy. Do have a slight sound coming from speakers when on call, but nothing bad. Also a slight resonance sound through speakers when firing up.

Great just did my parrot ck3100 using sot047 iso easy to install

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, nice one for getting the kits installed.

I'm glad after all these years that the guide is still helping people.

Which slot did you put the mute lead into? I've put mine into the same one as the pic, but even after pushing all the way in, I'm still getting noise through tweeters and sub! Very annoying. Also changed the power connectors over as it wasn't saying goodbye and was draining my battery.

jon.moreby said:
Which slot did you put the mute lead into? I've put mine into the same one as the pic, but even after pushing all the way in, I'm still getting noise through tweeters and sub! Very annoying. Also changed the power connectors over as it wasn't saying goodbye and was draining my battery.
I just plugged in sot 047 all worked although depends on what head unit you have

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

I have Sat nav premium. Used sot 047 cable. All working correctly. Just can't kill the sub and tweeters. Put pink cable in back of head unit as pictured. 4th from left on too row. Pushed all the way in too. Can't get any further in. I did see somewhere someone said it was a white lead and should be blank. Mine was a blue lead. Does mute head unit but not the amp.

I have Sat nav premium. Used sot 047 cable. All working correctly. Just can't kill the sub and tweeters. Put pink cable in back of head unit as pictured. 4th from left on too row. Pushed all the way in too. Can't get any further in. I did see somewhere someone said it was a white lead and should be blank. Mine was a blue lead. Does mute head unit but not the amp.