What's new

DIY Tourer Tailgate Trim Panel Removal

Monks

Admin / Co-Founder
Reaction score
Car
-
This DIY guide is for the removal and refit of the rear tailgate trim on the tourer (the plastic panel that the number plates fix on)

I replaced the trim panel as I had some damage on the panel and some top coat issues having had a revive repair last year.

The whole job took about an hour; I did think it was going to be quicker until I came across three big rigid plastic retaining clips. These clips cannot be removed unless the internal carpet trim panel is removed so it took a little longer.

Anyway I will let the pics tell the story so to speak and hopefully it may help out a tourer owner in the future.

startpic.jpg

tools-1.jpg

powertailgateswitchwithins.jpg

carpetpanel.jpg

paneleaseoff.jpg

powersocketwithins.jpg

Exposedpanelwithins.jpg

Nakedtailgatewithins.jpg

newpanel.jpg

Trimpanelwithins.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

Refitting is as they say the reversal to the removal.

Excellent guide. I know CJ did the same on his as I had a bootful of stuff for his tourer laid out over my nice leather seats last year, carting it back from HH :)

nice one Andy...i love these sort of DIYs :) ...also a tip with the clips etc...if you find those push in type plugs stiff to move then before prying on them give them a burst of lubricant or similar..they come out a lot easier and less risk of damaging :)