What's new

DMF :(

Paul979

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-ctdi
Hey guys, well my DMF has given up today, clucking and vibrations through the clutch pedal :( Just wondering does any1 know where i can pick up a DMF cheap??

EuroCarParts or CarParts4Less... LUK DMFs are supplied to Honda (would be a good time to find a promo code). Worth asking Holdcroft Honda as well.

Did you had the stage 2 EGR delete remap done? Do you know why the DMF giving up? I ask because I just have the remap done too..

ya i have a CG clutch 8 paddle and stage 2 egr off remap, Clutch only fitted start of the year so dont want to buy new clutch and flywheel, the DMF was alright when i changed the clutch not much movement in the flywheel so i didnt replace it,

so far cheapest ive found is from carparts4less.co.uk with a promo code (SAVEME75) its 402 Euro delivered (£343) ye think ill find any cheaper than that?

That's a decent discount, so I wouldn't expect so.

But now I realise you have a stage 2 remap, then I don't think a DMF is the best idea, as you'll really be torque loading it and I would expect it to have a short life. Like you say, your old DMF was checked and found to be OK a few months ago...

Ya I know, I'd rather get a smf conversion but I just don't have the funds

for £420 you'll have SMF from CG, so even if it's £80 more then for DMF you'll save yourself hassle with extra work after your new DMF will last another couple months, do it once and properly ;)

Yup the clutch in a Dmf are different to ones used in smf's

Just catching up with this, bad news about the DMF Paul. How exactly was it checked mate? and has it shown any signs of wear recently or did it just pop overnight?

Whilst stock Honda clutches are known not to cope with the torque (or rather the pressure plate isn't), I've never really seen any DMF failures in this way. What mileage is the DMF on?

upss I thought that all paddle plates are the same regardless if it's with dmf or smf.

Well haven't gotten it checked but has all the signs, when the clutch is not engaged there is wicked vibrations through the clutch pedal and when the clutch is engaged it stops (sort of anyway) i didnt notice any signs of wear, just parked up the car everything was grand and then an hour later just started the car and the vibrations started :L i dont know if the DMF was ever done before i had the car but its now on 143k miles if still original DMF

At that mileage it could well be the DMF really mate.. and possibly the extra torque has broken one of the internal springs which has caused it to lose balance. Only way to know is to whip it out and check it..

Well haven't gotten it checked but has all the signs, when the clutch is not engaged there is wicked vibrations through the clutch pedal and when the clutch is engaged it stops (sort of anyway) i didnt notice any signs of wear, just parked up the car everything was grand and then an hour later just started the car and the vibrations started :L i dont know if the DMF was ever done before i had the car but its now on 143k miles if still original DMF
Potentially if its original flywheel then 143k is good going.
The final solution is up to you mate but do remember if it fails again you'll have to pay again.

ya was thinking that fahad, typeR it will still be the same price to buy 2 DMFs than do a SMF conversion especially when my paddle clutch only has 2k miles on it, anyways im starting to look around for something with cheaper tax and something Vtec, one of my mates is selling his DC2 integra type r so might be selling the accord :(

Hey guys, well my DMF has given up today, clucking and vibrations through the clutch pedal :( Just wondering does any1 know where i can pick up a DMF cheap??

Gosh. Mine went as well, over the weekend. any advice guys? how long will a new DMF last (i have no remaps)?

it sounds like someone is hammering the inside of the engine and there are extreme vibrations coming through the clutch pedal but when im driving its all fine - no noise, no vibration, its only at idle. It doesnt happen all the time either i.e. today ive been driving for a couple of hours and i have had no problems, but i still know something is wrong...

@Paul_ctdi: Was/is the same happening to yours?

ive got it booked in at my local garage tomorrow who have confirmed its the DMF, its going to cost over £600 parts and labour (they recommended i replace the clutch kit as well)

Well I have original Dmf in mine and it's lasted 140k so it should last, ya same thing happening with mine mate, ya you should replace clutch while doing Dmf

Well i had the new clutch kit and DMF replaced at £660 (parts and labour).
The mileage on the car, by the way, is 116k

While speaking to the mechanic i found out the parts are manufactured by LUK but are not genuine. Genuine DMF will cost around £900 alone and he said these days average people cant afford genuine parts so they all go for cheaper aftermarket parts. He also mentioned LUK parts are still good but obviously wont last as long as a genuine parts will. I am now hoping it will last until 200k.

Also, a bit of my driving habit; i coast ALOT (to try and save fuel), with the clutch engaged (not putting the car into neutral) im thinking maybe this has contributed to the early failure, in some way or another, of the DMF.
im sure there are many posts out there that discuss whether coasting is good or bad and i dont mean to start another discussion on this post but does anyone think that this could have contributed towards the failure?

While speaking to the mechanic i found out the parts are manufactured by LUK but are not genuine. Genuine DMF will cost around £900 alone and he said these days average people cant afford genuine parts so they all go for cheaper aftermarket parts. He also mentioned LUK parts are still good but obviously wont last as long as a genuine parts will. I am now hoping it will last until 200k.

Also, a bit of my driving habit; i coast ALOT (to try and save fuel), with the clutch engaged (not putting the car into neutral) im thinking maybe this has contributed to the early failure, in some way or another, of the DMF.
im sure there are many posts out there that discuss whether coasting is good or bad and i dont mean to start another discussion on this post but does anyone think that this could have contributed towards the failure?

I don't think coasting contributes to DMF failures. DMF will go once you hit high mileage, anyway.

660 quid is an excellent price, though.

Tan - Honda supply LUK parts.

Yes the original factory part will not be an LUK part, but if you buy a clutch from the dealer, it will come in a Honda box but is an LUK part in actual fact. As long as it's fitted correctly, you will be fine mate.

To confirm F6HAD post Honda replaced my DMF under warranty and the original and replacement were both LUK