What's new

Dodo Juice Red Mist Quick Detailer

F6HAD

Affiliate / Co-Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord IDTEC
I love pampering my car, and can happily spend hours polishing and top coating etc.

But sometimes you don't have the time (most days these days) but a wash is never enough. Now I've got liquid waxes and most are quite effective but I've been looking for that 'something'..

I'm already well impressed with Dodo Juice products and have a good range inc their shampoo, polish, clay and top wax... One of their leading products seems to be recognised as the best quick detailer on the market, Dodo Juice Red Mist.

At £11 for a 250ml bottle it's gotta be good... and well.. it didn't disappoint.

Easy to apply - just wash and dry the car, spray a light mist on and buff it in. Job done. The pics below probably don't do it justice as it was evening, poor light and a camera phone.. but trust me the shine is very deep and lustrous - and normally it take a few hours of polishing and waxing to achieve this. If it rains I'll try and capture some beading shots but I can tell by feeling the paintwork it'll bead well.

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/dodo-juice/red-mist-quick-detailer-250ml.aspx?source=google-base

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo.jpg

Nice job Fahad, should make your final wax layer last longer as well

Actually mate it says you shouldn't use it over wax, it's a quick detailer rather than a top coat if that makes sense..

Interesting I always thought the benefit was to get a quick gloss shine but also make your final layer youve put on during previous details be it wax or sealant last longer, you live and learn.

I use megs last touch mainly cause I hate water marks but Im also getting into dodo products as well.

I'm with you mate, but reading on some forums and on their guide somewhere it says not to use over wax as it's hard to take off..

Anyways guess what, looking at those pics.. I just realised I left my boot open :)

Just been out in my PJ's and yep it was open :)

Nice work fahad,it looks really good considering its just a quick detailer...been looking into dodo juice and they do seem to have a happy fanbase,at the moment im using meg's quick detailer,which is also very good,bt i think i might try some of the dodo juice..nice work buddy.. :)

Dan, wash maybe 25 mins, 15 mins to dry and 20 mins to use the Quick Detailer.. then 5 mins to dress the tyres B)

That's a 'quickie'.

If I'm allowed it, I could spend the whole day waxing and finishing etc...

Love your car Fahad. Any chance of doing a quick writeup on how to use the dodo juice for us mere mortals ?
I am starting to "care" for my car these days, and would love to give it a treat once in a while ...
Cheers

Babar prepare to have your eyes opened to world of detailing http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=50574

Looks really good mate. Did you have to be generous with the coats or was it a quick spray and wipe down? I

Used it again today, brilliant results B)

Just do a panel at a time, quick spray and wipe it in.. very easy to work with but don't make the mistake of spraying the whole car and then trying to work it in.

Fahad, thanks for the interesting review, I've been looking at the Dodo range of stuff over the last week (birthday coming up soon ;) ). Are you using this instead of a wax? I was on the dodo website and they are saying you can use it over wax as long as the wax has had time to fully cure: http://www.dodojuice.com/red-mist-protection-detailer.html. Maybe use it as a freshen up after wax has been on a month?

Having looked into red mist and picked a few brains better at detailing than me, if you have existing base coats of wax the recommendation seems to be that Red Mist Tropical is better as it has less solvents also has a longer drying time so using it in the hotter weather ;) souldnt be so bad. The cost is exactly the same some £19 for 500ml so I think I may stump up for 250ml and see how I get on :D

Yep contrary to what I said earlier about not using it over existing wax, I had used some Autoglym SRP to do the front bumper (to get rid of some bugs lol - didn't have time to claybar it) and it worked fine over the SRP as I let it dry properly before buffing it off.

CJ saw my car last night, and also said it beads well.

Mentally I feel I haven't done a proper job by just washing and going over with Red Mist.. but to look at it, you'd think I spent a whole day polishing it!!

This stuff really is amazing. In fact everything I've tried in the Dodo range so far is damn good.

Guys, for these QD's, you apply after a shampoo wash dont you??? If you just apply without a shampoo, dont you risk scratching the paint? Ive not used these before so excuse my ignorance. ;)

They are a QD not the naff WMD's that are waterless cleaning products.

Wash dry and then apply / buff off

Ebay is your best bet Mick.

Ok so ive run out of Megs speed detailer, Im looking into bigger and better. However becuase of the prices of these things i will buy the big 5 litre jobbys this however restricts me down to a couple of brands. Which is better, Chemical guys quick detailer, Chemical guys speed wipe, Megs last touch?

I know these arent the best I see from above here that dodo juice red mist is the best but ££

The alternative is small sizes how does Poorboys quick detailer with carnauba wax stack up?

Marcus, I can really recommend the Dodo stuff but have to say it's very expensive.

If you find a decent bulk buy of a quality quick detailer, let me know what it is and I'll stock up too.

Marcus if you want a good product but dont want to keep buying QD have a look at this http://www.valetpro.co.uk/Products/Wax-and-Polish/1142-/Citrus-Bling-5L

It costs £45 f but you can use it as a 1:2 ratio as a fast wax or 5L can make upto 40L of QD but this stuff can be used for other purposes as well.

I prefer the more high end stuff but thats only cause I like trying new stuff and thats part of the fun of detailing for me. I have never used the PB's QD but all the other PB products I have work really well.

Cheers guys, Ill let you know if I find anything Fahad, as for citrus bling never seen that before interesting at £45 its certainly an investment, but I can see it would last for ages.