What's new

Does my car need a "special tool" just to change the fuel filter? (2008, 2.2L, Honda Accord Ex I-Dtec)

ship69

Members
Reaction score
Car
'08 i-DTEC EX man 5D
Hello

Does my car need a "special tool" just to change the fuel filter?

Background
My new (to me) local garage just did a major serviced my 2.2L Honda Accord Ex I-Dtec (2008) last week. The one thing that they failed to do was change the fuel filter. They claim that it "requires a special tool".
Is this true? As I have never had this problem anywhere else.... Or are they just being useless? (!)

Thanks

J

Genuine is always best, but you can get generic sets of these "filter cup" tools in different sizes, they need to invest in some as i'm surprised they haven't had this problem on other cars. I got a cheap set of them from aliexpress for £10 or so which does the job although would probably disintegrate under daily use!

My previous Merc E class and a Smart car i've worked on had the same kind of housing on its oil filter

Oil Filter Cup Socket Set, 3/8" Sq. Dr. (15 Piece) (40105) | Draper Tools

Yeah common feature now nowt special, bought a set of myself, works with different vehicles

I bougth the tool from ebay, it fitted pretty well but i managed to broke my top lid, Never manage to get it open. Must find replacment lid and bruteforce this one open.