What's new

Door mirror not working

Man le-mans

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi all
I have a problem with my passenger side door mirror not folding in. I’ve taken it apart and there seems to be power going into the PCB but not coming out when I press the fold button. It also seems to have power all the time but when I press the button it drops in power then goes back to normal. The PCB has nothing coming out of it at any time. So does anyone have an idea where I can get a PCB please for it. Been trying to load a picture of the PCB but it’s saying the file is to big

If on a Windows PC, open the image with Microsoft Paint / Home / Image / Resize
I think if the image is less than 150k it will upload

Did you replace the mirror with one from a car without folding? Or is it the original mirror?

Had a look in ESM, there's a few troubleshooting steps in there - https://typeaccord.co.uk/board/thre...nual-workshop-manual-esm-on-windows-11.26630/

This note might point you in the right direction:

NOTE: The left power mirror actuator is controlled by the front passenger's power window switch. When the power mirror switch is operated, the power window master switch receives the signals from the power window master switch and send them to the front passenger's power window switch. So if there is malfunction of the left power mirror actuator operation, do the door multiplex control unit input test and front passenger's power window switch input test. Also, the power mirror defoggers, position sensor and retractable power mirrors are controlled by door multiplex control unit and front passenger's power window switch, do the door multiplex control unit input test and front passenger's power window switch input test.

See attachments

Attachments

• Power Mirrors Function Test.pdf
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Power Mirrors (Power Window Front Passenger's Switch) Input Test.pdf
    48.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Power Mirrors (Door Multiplex Control Unit) Input Test.pdf
    51 KB · Views: 5
Thank you I will do this. I did check and the switch seems to work fine but will test

As for the PCB you mentioned is that inside the mirror unit itself? I'll have a look at the parts catalogue, maybe it's a separate part.

Thank you for trying to sort this it’s very much appreciated.
The mirror glass tilts and adjust ok and the passenger window works ok. The only problem is that it doesn’t fold in. I did think about trying to get the little PCB checked out or repaired but as we are now a throw away nation even that isn’t easy now days