What's new

Double DIN Install

dang bro! Amazing progress and im surprised that the screen fits so snugly into the armrest! Never wouldve thought of that myself like, lol :lol:

nice work sufian! also not to burst your bubble or anything but you could have just got a bracket from Honda/breakers instead of making your own... the actual bracket that holds the DVD unit in the EX would have done and you can put a double DIN screen on there.. thats what I have done... and then the fascia just clips on makes a nice surround... really like the screen idea in the arm rest! :) brill!

Sufian that install is look awesome bruv. Really impressed with your craftman ship on this

Dude catching up with is on my office PC, and that looks awesome!! Pointage heading your way!

right guys managed to get the stereo in the facia and it fit really snug and firm:

IMAG0441.jpg

IMAG0439.jpg

IMAG0440.jpg

trial fitted in the accord and looks good(sorry couldnt take a pic)im going to have to fabricate a fitting system(brackets) of some kind to secure the stereo to the facia(as i can not the cage to fit the facia)this will make it sturdy,also when i fit the facia,due to the weight of the stereo the facia seems to drop back as the brackets on the side of the facia seem to slide right past the brackets in the accord(sorry will try to get pics to show you what i mean lol)

I see you've got yourself the XTRON double din, have been tempted myself with one of these. Will be interested to see how it performs.

Could you send me contact details/internet links to where you purchased the fasica?

Cheers
Kal

hey guys thank you ozzy,jav,shabz and dan for your very kind comments, dogh! your right jav come to think of it bro i could have got the bracket from honda/brakers,lol, so now the screen is in place here comes the actual installing of the wire(easier said than done)

as you know the cable which comes out of the screen is behind the seat,so some how i need to feed the power and RC leads(which will go into the main double din)from the font back to the screen,

so starting from the front i worked my way towards the back,i thought about running the cables through the side of the door sills,but this route would be more difficult,so instead i ran the cable through the middle:
ab158a1f1e869cc50fd65157ddfa7f9d.jpg

past the gear
02486d407a3641b51a3f19bd063bcb1f.jpg

along the side of the handbrake(had to take the cover off,which like most things just clips off)
698586f989b6f5005c1d26d11e163691.jpg

as i routed this through past the handbrake, i had to route the cable downwards to the passenger side of the car,so i had to take the plastic trim off which hold the rear ash tray(again just clips off)
34b4401c30314879b4b024fce5f6eadc.jpg

this then leads on towards something very difficult, i had to route the cable through under the carpet and up through to under seats.this is were the cables have to come out:
34981758805919049cf821da719cec05.jpg

but firstly i had to route under here:
cd6100dbff3a1b9627036383cc909463.jpg

so i had to attach the cables to a coat hanger and use this to help route the cables through the car(this was extremely fiddly,and took about 15 minutes)
once i managed the cable through(after alot of swearing too,lol)this is how it looked
560a3192a5818f884a56afd95856e15b.jpg

so i routed it through the seats and into the back to join the cable from the screen,
a3da29fb34ca4667c0c4db5b2730542e.jpg

i tided up the cables by attaching them to the back of the rear seats and under the fabric so its hidden away
f3f22f6b2d6faa8f14c01bf9e189fc8f.jpg

so i now need to get power to the rear screen,so i chose to wire(solder) it to the front cigarette lighter(as this has 12v of power as soon as you turn the key,
ab8c4c9428a3dd88ee92576fa075d31e.jpg

and hey presto it works:(the screen says no input signal as its still not hooked up to the double din)
70f0c2fc893ad5b6e8fbc724c24a8b92.jpg

41ea09ee2729982a5f388774db53ed32.jpg

so far im happy with the results, looks good,looks oem,with all the cables hidden,and the good thing is no-one knows its there, and its a first !! lol,

let me know what you guys think!

very impressed mate, nicely done :) enjoying how this is turning out.

Question, cos I don't do any of this myself. But do you have to disconnect the battery before you start wiring away?

I would think so - I certainly did when I was playing about behind my headunit.

Suf, you can now be the "TA Trim removal Senpai" :).

I would never of thought of putting a screen there. Looking good!

very impressed mate, nicely done :) enjoying how this is turning out.

Question, cos I don't do any of this myself. But do you have to disconnect the battery before you start wiring away?

Sorry bud forgot to mention it certainly is a good idea to disconnect the battery before starting anything to do with electrics :)

I would think so - I certainly did when I was playing about behind my headunit.

Suf, you can now be the "TA Trim removal Senpai" :).

LOL,thanks dan,I think by the time I have finished the install,I would have removed every trim(well at least the once)so yeah I think the ***le on trim removal senpai would be great bud :)

I would never of thought of putting a screen there. Looking good!

Thanks buddy,I'm suprized no one thought of it before or had tried it,when I told the guys at the audio shop they all just looked at me with a puzzled look and said it would be difficult or might not be possible(or even very expensive t do)but I guess you never know untill you've tried,this is a bit of a learning curve for me as iv never done anything like this before,or even thought about attempting it,but so far simple.. :)

i'd fit a rear camera wire too since you've got the carpet up already, saves stripping the centre console down again

i'd fit a rear camera wire too since you've got the carpet up already, saves stripping the centre console down again

LOL, I know what you mean bro,but iv got a gut feeling this won't be the only.time I strip down the centre console,iv still got a few more mods up my sleve...LOL

Nice work there bro
smile.gif
smile.gif
, that's what I call dedication- it will all be worth it in the end. Can't wait to see it done...
cool.gif

Nice work there bro
smile.gif
smile.gif
, that's what I call dedication- it will all be worth it in the end. Can't wait to see it done...
cool.gif

lol thanks bro,it is time consuming but this is what i enjoy, my cars are my passion(always have been),also its been cheaper too lol 250pounds cheaper lol :D ,nearly done bro just a few things left to do.then this project and diy should be done.

Enjoy
smile.gif

I see you've got yourself the XTRON double din, have been tempted myself with one of these. Will be interested to see how it performs.

Could you send me contact details/internet links to where you purchased the fasica?

Cheers
Kal

Hi bud,yeah the xtrons are actually a decent system, mine is the 714g(built in satnav,Bluetooth,ipod connection,tv,etc)si it does have a few gadgets on it, ill pm you the link buddy.

right guys sorry about the late update but here it is:

as suggested by our good friend ozzy(blue) since i had already removed the interior trim, i might as well install a rear view camera to the din install(saves me taking the trim apart again..lol) so after getting in touch with fahad,i brought the rear view camera he had(thanks buddy :) )and due to fahads quick dispatch th item arrived in a couple of days. the camera was the custom built one for the accord:

IMAG0489.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

this is where the camera will go, right under the trim:

IMAG0491.jpg

not very clear but decided to mount it on the right of the trim(the trim had to get get sanded back a bit so it cout fit the camera..)
IMAG0493.jpg

the camera was connected to the rear reverse light, so when the reverse gear is selected this will provide 12v to the camera activating it and sending the signal back to the dvd player,the wire were run along the inside the boot lid trim and down the inside of the boot interior,through the seats and again along the handbrake and gear selector to the dvd..

this is the result of the rear view camera:

IMAG0525.jpg

IMAG0524.jpg

and this is the results of the dvd player with the rear armrest screen...(sorry one video is side ways..lol)

the front:

the rear armrest screen:

so all installed and fully working... :D the reverse camera is superb while parking(along with the aid of the ultra bright reverse led light)is a mod defo worth doing, and the rear armrest screen is a hit with everyone ....lol :D ,hope you guys like it too...

Looks tasty bud well done!!!

Just seen this and wow great work mate looks fantastic B)

Amazing, now you can watch initial d on the go! B)

Brilliant! well done mate! my camera is the same as yours and has stopped working... had it just over a year now :( I think I need to contact the seller

Brilliant! well done mate! my camera is the same as yours and has stopped working... had it just over a year now :( I think I need to contact the seller

thanks buddy, yeah i got the camera off faddy, sorry to hear its stop working,maybe something like lose connection somewhere bro? its a great function,iv had trouble gueesing how far the rear sticks out on the accord,so for me this is a god send..lol...do you not get a picture when you stick it in reverse? how did you wire up yours bro? cant remember fully :unsure: but im sure the live wire had a fuse attached to it...