What's new

Double DIN Install

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH_xq_ZwLuw

Love the Japanese-random-mixing-English-words-with-Japanese-because-it-sounds-cool intro.... not sure how useful turning a lights off would be though :D

Awesome job bro, you done really well on this one
wink.gif

Love the Japanese-random-mixing-English-words-with-Japanese-because-it-sounds-cool intro.... not sure how useful turning a lights off would be though :D

Lol,its a scary manover turning your lights off,especailly with a black bonnet,i gueds you should become pretty hard to see,dont think it will be veryy usefull during the day lol :D

The guy in the ek9 is a pro racer, he used a racing technique they've called "the disappearing line" to overtake the 86. Takumi in the 86 is confused as to how he was passed so easily. So as he's backed into a corner he adapts and decides to make the pro racer think he's disappeared by turning his lights off and taking him on the inside with late braking. This anime is amazing as all the technical info in it is 100% correct as it was overseen by the drift king keichi tsuchiya

The guy in the ek9 is a pro racer, he used a racing technique they've called "the disappearing line" to overtake the 86. Takumi in the 86 is confused as to how he was passed so easily. So as he's backed into a corner he adapts and decides to make the pro racer think he's disappeared by turning his lights off and taking him on the inside with late braking. This anime is amazing as all the technical info in it is 100% correct as it was overseen by the drift king keichi tsuchiya

thats it bro, bang on...the anime is great and the info on it is excellent,tried the lights out trick on the motor way, my mate said he could just about see the reflections of the lights etc off the car(next time i wont clean it so well.... :lol: )

LOL kanjo racing!

LoL :lol: , things can get messy in traffic,but during the night the a1 / a13 can be alot fun ;) there is alot old blue hanging around now...but it is an adrenaline rush...need to lower the back of the accord a tad more, on a corner on the motorway some silly person decided to go in the fast lane from the middle with out indicating and just as about 10sec away(which wasnt much time at the speed.....) From may car ,so i had to dropping into the middle lane were there rear of the accord slung out slightly,but the difficult bit was i had a civic diesel in the middle lane just a few feet in front,....i defo need more practice on heal toe down shift as this is were i tend to lose a bit of speed,really need to start some track days with you bro. :D

Was wondering if anyone can help? I've tried PM'ing ukaccord direct, but system says he can't receive messages? :(

Still progressing with doing a single DIN install in the Euro R. Have found a guy in Hereford who installs stereo who would be able to do it, but he has never done a 7th Gen accord before. They install headunits as well as an approved Parrot in car kit installer. So he needs some more info before he can quote me and do the work. Have looked at this thread for most information. Would anyone be able to answer any of the following questions?

1. Does the 7th Gen have a full CANBUS system? Said installer is worried about shorting something out when having to do work on the wiring? Or is it all done with adaptor harnesses and you don't need to touch the wiring. I saw J4JAV had pm'd you to use a Parrot connector / adaptor, do you have a link to one?

2. I want to be able to use the aerial in the rear screen still, but I believe this is powered? How do we go about making sure that the aerial is still powered when connected to the new head unit?

3. My car has the premium sound system fitted (not sure if yours was the same?) and IIRC there is a separate amplifier for this? Can we get rid of this now that the new head unit will be driving the speakers? Or do we need to keep it in situ?

4. How do you get power to the old head unit to be able to keep the display for the air con powered?

5. Also what do you think of this adaptor plate and harness?

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CT24HD04

I am using someone else to do the work, because I don't have the confidence to cut wires, run new power feeds, etc. But if there was just adaptor harnesses to make it all work then I would do the install myself. I've previously installed an x-carlink behind the dash of my old diesel Accord, so have no problems taking the dash apart.

I think I've covered everything, but if anyone can think of anything else I need to know could you well... let me know B)

Thanks in advance for everyone's input :)

Good luck trying to double din one of these, I've been trying to figure it out for ages!

Hi, I'm not sure about the canbus issues but this should be a straight forward job. You can use this harness (locally available- not sure): http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=360472892077&index=5&nav=SEARCH&nid=66459286732
...or you will need a double din fascia adapter: http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SEA01&block_02=08B0601&block_03=2771
Once fitted, you will only lose steering radio control; std radio will remain functional incl. display but with NO volume.
I have a single din set up, hope this helps.

Hi, I'm not sure about the canbus issues but this should be a straight forward job. You can use this harness (locally available- not sure): http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=360472892077&index=5&nav=SEARCH&nid=66459286732
...or you will need a double din fascia adapter: http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SEA01&block_02=08B0601&block_03=2771
Once fitted, you will only lose steering radio control; std radio will remain functional incl. display but with NO volume.
I have a single din set up, hope this helps.

Many thanks B) . So from you are saying, if I order that lead up, I don't need to cut any of the existing loom? And it just all plugs together. Keeping the powered antenna, also climate control display? Anyone recommend a single din Adaptor plate that won't need any fabrication?

Yeah see thats the bottom positioned double din, loads of people have done that. I want to put mine up the top!

Yeah see thats the bottom positioned double din, loads of people have done that. I want to put mine up the top!
At the top, where the vents are??? Custom job that, can be done too. Mind you your summers will be proper baking;)

Many thanks B) . So from you are saying, if I order that lead up, I don't need to cut any of the existing loom? And it just all plugs together. Keeping the powered antenna, also climate control display? Anyone recommend a single din Adaptor plate that won't need any fabrication?
You will still/may need to cut & join- wires are colour coded. Not sure about powered antenna, but cc display is fully functional. Adapter plate: http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autoleads-fp1504-honda-accord-sport-executive-facia-panel-adaptor-p-2470.html

No i want to put mine where the original stereo goes! So it looks oem, but you got to cut the s**** out of the loom!

I see, you can get the fascia plates for that too if you search. I have come across them before- will look for you;)

Yeah if you can do that mate, that'll be great! I can see why people put them at the bottom its so much easier.

Yeah if you can do that mate, that'll be great! I can see why people put them at the bottom its so much easier.
Couldn't find the double din fascia for 7th gen. Only single din if you choose that route: http://shop.mobileweb.ebay.com/searchresults?cmd=SREF&pg=1&kw=Accord+metra+kit&fads=1&sort=BestMatch
Pricey too:( I have to agree with you that double din would look ace in place of the display;)

Yeah I've got a thing for being the first to do things lol, i like things people don't have!

That's the way to do it;)

Have ordered the harness and adaptor plate today. Just deciding what head unit to go for, but thinking of the Parrot Asteroid and do without DAB?

Have ordered the harness and adaptor plate today. Just deciding what head unit to go for, but thinking of the Parrot Asteroid and do without DAB?
hey pete sorry have been away for a while and didnt notice inbox was full,if you need any thing give me a shout(inbox now empty :D)

hey pete sorry have been away for a while and didnt notice inbox was full,if you need any thing give me a shout(inbox now empty :D)

Cheers for the offer. In the end, I went the whole hog and bought the Alpine CDE-136BT. I liked the look of the Parrot. It was cheaper. It had bigger and clearer controls. However is still an android device. So it takes the same time to turn on and bootup as an android smartphone.

The adaptor plate has arrived. Seems like it will do the job and is well made. As a bonus it seems to have come with an adaptor harness. Still waiting for the specific one I ordered from states. Also head unit is here as well.

Anyone had to modify the adaptor plate to get the ashtray fit in properly? My ashtray keeps popping up when moving the lid up and down. Noted the adaptor plate is for lhd. Anyone? Cheers.

Yeah mine moves a little but it doesn't bother me at all.

Other question then, I had the premium sounds system fitted. I've used an adaptor harness, does this mean that I am still using the Honda amplifier in the centre of the dash? I find that the volume control on the Alpine does not give much control i.e by volume 5 it is already very loud.

I should think not. The head unit should have its own loudness settings- at least on mine. How's the sound quality, are you pleased??

Yep, very pleased. Wasn't finished last night. So did a bit more tonight. Re-jigged / fitted the adaptor plate. Pushed it up a bit. In the day (having done this with low light / dark) I could see it was not sitting straight. Was able to refit the ashtray ***embly and it now sits as it used to, does not foul on anything and open and closes without popping out

I also fitted the microphone and the DAB aerial, ran the cables tidy behind the pillar and behind the dash into the back of the stereo.

Will have a look at the settings, see if I can adjust the volume sensitivity / loudness.

Here's a couple of pics (dark outside).

fd3df4a41c149513bcb65fc8a1c9f676.jpg

9c9e8e5751f41f8623e6eab4c8f20672.jpg