What's new

DPF Light on Again

Fizz

Members
Reaction score
Car
2008 EXGT Tourer
I got my DPF purged at Holdcroft on Monday 29th. It came on again last night.

My driving schedule has been

Monday 90 miles from Stoke @ 60 - 65
Tuesday 20 miles @ 30 - 60
Wednesday 30 miles @ 30 - 40
Friday 10 miles @ 30 - 40 then DPF came on.

The DPF light came on with the exclamation. There was no pre warning so this may have been disabled with my remap?

a new version of ecu software should have been downloaded along with your dpf regeneration. the update is to improve the auto regen's to cope with short stop start journeys and to reduce the jerkyness fealt during a regen while your driving. its quite recent. whether this has caused problems with the re-map who knows?...........not trying to speculate but a dpf is a very high tech piece of kit which has cost many millions to develop and honda set up there map accordingly. maybe it is the remap that is causing extra deposits in the dpf, more fuel, less auto regen's to increase power/fuel consuption etc etc. this remap will invalidate any warranty you had i would of thought. in my opinion you have taken a chance with a remap on a car that has manufactures warrany remaining and you may have shot your self in the foot perhapse.

My Vectra normally regens around the 500-600 mile mark. It's done a couple recently at around 300miles but that was due to slow stop start driving.

Andy, sounds like it needs a DPF delete or the remap needs to be redeveloped to ensure it's built within the regen specs.

However, no point speculating until you have had the codes read. A call to Celtic would be a good idea however, at least make them aware of it - they may already be aware and have a fix for IDTEC cars (this is ***uming your remap is the problem of course).

I wouldn't be so quick to shoot Celtic down, they're one of the few I respect out there.. so at least give them a chance.

I took it in to Hepworth Honda on Leeds road at Huddersfield. They have forced it to go through the regen manually and the light is now off. I will give Celtic a bell about the pre warning not coming up before the limp home mode kicks in.

While it was at Hepworth they fitted my new greenstuff pads on the rear for £56 which I think is quite a good price as it saves me freezing my fingers and butt off in this weather. :)

Nice one mate, yep definitely speak to them about this and see what they advise.

Andy glad its sorted now, i'm not sure what the fix is on this, can you explain what actually is done to get the light off by the dealer?

Shab they force the DPF to regen that's all.

Shab it means, it forces the DPF to clear itself both electronically i.e. to clear the serial counter on the ECU to tell it that the DPF is clear and also physically by holding the car at 2k rpm and injection fuel into the system to force it to clear all the black stuff.

Fahad, when you get the rolling road up and running I may be tempted to get the DPF removed and get a few more horses through the wheels. Has elite (or anyone else) got a DPF replacement pipe made up for the accord yet?

I will ask the question matey.

I would imagine somone like zorstec would make you up a straight bolt up replacement pipe. Then you can get a DPF delete and always keep DPF if you wanted to revert back to std when you sell.

I was just about to post the same thing!

Been speaking to Elite, and DPF Delete is not a problem and they're creating DPF Deletes for far more complex cars at the moment. However they're not aware of an off the shelf bypass pipe for the IDTEC at the moment.

But having said that, I was thinking the same thing as Andy.. somebody like Zorstec could manufacture one and there might be an opportunity there for Zorstec and Elite if we use your car as a template Fizz...

You're only in Leeds, our workshop (Elite) is in Pudsey, and Zorstec are only in Shipley.

Haha Faddy great minds and all that

Would it still pass the MOT emissions test with the DPF removed?

Yep Diesel just has smoke test nowt else at the moment

Then that would be my first mod after the warranty expired B) 8th Gen back on the replacement list.

To be fair thats what most tuners will talk to you about when having a remap, doing a DPF delete and removal if possible. Benefit is it can then be tuned to its potential without having to hold back with the DPF in mind.

Only issue I can see is where your getting a motor thats less than three years old even the most understanding dealer isnt gonna react to great when things go wrong.

Just to clarify that statement, what I mean is with the 8th gen remap you cant just reflash the std map easily. Also with the looks of needing to remove the DPF potentially to get a reliable car your car will scream modified.

I wouldn't remap a car still under warranty - wouldn't trust a dealer (except perhaps HH) to use it as an excuse to avoid paying out.

Wise man, I did mine but then again I accepted the consequences from the start.

Yup, can't argue with those points and any responsible tuner should be telling you as it is. A physical modifcation such as a DPF delete pipe is an obvious giveaway..

Andy, ok we need to give it some thought. Nothing will be free I'm afraid though as it was just an idea to use the different affiliates we have but we can try and work something out with both companies.

Not even sure if Zorstec would be interested in doing this, so best thing is to arrange to meet up there one day and have a chat with (another) Andy (the owner). If he can make up the bypass pipe with the correct flanges and captive nuts for the sensors, then we might be on to a winner B)

Drop me a PM some time with your contact details and let's have a chat.