What's new

DPF Off by Premier Tuning - Honda Accord Tourer

Intifaada

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi All,

I wanted to take the time to say "Hello" to the fantastic community on the forum, I've been an avid reader of posts since I bought my 8th gen Accord Tourer last September and thought it was time that put up a post!

Having had the car for a few months I experienced the dreaded DPF light (with exclamation mark) on the dash and the ensuing saga of driving in limp mode. I'd read about this curse of modern diesels on the forum and half expected that the car would succumb to it sooner or later (I do a lot of stop, start, inner-city driving). A trip to the local Honda dealer was greated with a potential bill of £250! I thought I'd leave this as a last resort and decided to check on the forum for advice. Thankfully I came across Fahad's post for PremierTuning's DPF regen service, which was a fraction of the price that the dealer had quoted. Having heard Fahad's name mentioned on numerous posts and knowing that he was a co-founder of the site allayed any fears I may have had, that I was entrusting my car into inexperienced hands. I gave Fahad a call expecting to have to take the car up to Bradford to have the regen done, I was pleasantly surprised when he offered to drop into Derby on his way home from a business trip down south. He arrived as promised and duly completed the regen, true to what I'd heard, he was very unassuming, friendly and knowledgeable. As we chatted he advised that based on the kind of driving I was doing I would likely experience the problem again and if I was thinking of keeping the car should consider having the DPF removed. I half hoped that I would never have to go down that route but two further DPF lights later I bit the bullet and gave Fahad a call once more.

I arrived in Bradford at 9 in the morning and met up with Fahad at his mechanics unit. After completing the regen the car was left to have the DPF removed whilst Fahad worked his magic on the ECU by makind the necessary changes and completing a Stage 1 remap, I would stay in Bradford until the work was finished. Fahad kindly dropped me off in the town centre (another example of his generosity) and I spent the morning browsing the shops and ended the afternoon watching Lincoln at the local Cineworld (would highly recommend it, another powerhouse performance by Daniel Day-Lewis!). Just as the film was coming to an end I got a call from Fahad to say the work was complete and that he'd pick me up from the cinema (I can't imagine that I'd get this kind of service from my local Honda dealer!). Back at the unit Fahad put the ECU back in and did some final checks to ensure that all was as it should be. I must say I was a bit apprehensive and hoped that I would now have the Accord that I was expecting....

We took the car for a test drive, the idea was to give it longish run on the daul carriageway and put it through it's paces, however it was now rush hour and it was pretty much gridlocked on all the roads. Despite this I could already feel the positve change in performance. The car felt much more responsive, particularly in second and third gear and seemed to have reserves of power that I hadn't previously experienced...it was now the Accord that I'd hoped and wished for! Fahad was keen to ensure that I was completely satisfied with the car before I left back for home. The drive back to Derby was a real joy and I can now drive the car without fear of the dreaded DPF light and with better performance and economy to boot. My car now wears the PremierTuning.com badge with pride!

For those contemplating DPF removal I can't recommend Fahad and PremierTuning enough. They really are an honest, knowledgeable and experienced outfit who made sure that I was well looked after and completely satisfied. Thanks once again Fahad and I wish you continued success in the fine work that you do for the community.

Pictures of my Honda Accord Tourer are posted here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjE3njJv

Pictures from PremierTuning's Facebook page are posted here: http://tinyurl.com/bd3tge5

Said - thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it was a pleasure meeting you. Happy motoring :)

You're welcome Fahad, least I could do. I now drive the car with a big smile on my face!

Does anybody know what the situation is regarding the V5 document and road tax if you remove the DPF, as presumably the emissions increase significantly?

I would say it's a very grey area, and I don't have a clear answer for it myself. Removing the DPF is not illegal, and as long as it passes the MOT, it's road legal.

I would say the insurance company should be informed as it's technically a modification.. couldn't comment on the rest though. Interesting point however.