What's new

DPF regeneration...

Lol that's one solution

Does anyone know how many miles into a journey before regen takes places.My main daily trip is only about 20 mins of dual carriageway about 17 miles of journey.Works well for my cdti but will i kill of an 8th gen dtec with this?

NOBODY KNOWS! that is why it is so frustrating, the only time you will know is when the light comes up, and then drive for 15 minutes at at least 37mph, this alleged to increase exhaust temperature and burn off the particle matter if ignored then you got trouble around the corner! with this ! on the read out. Honda are not letting us know so drive as you always have and you may dodge the issue.

So if i was to drive it 25 miles in each direction a day but took it for a good tun at the weekend we could b ok? Honda said to me today that there was a known issue on 09-12 plate dtecs but with a new software update they wouldnt expect to replace the dpf until 140k

The software updates are rubbish, and there is no way to actually know the saturation level of your DPF. The ECU is making a best guess based on heat and pressure signals, but it is ultimately always a guess.

If you have access to an obd scanner you could look at the datalist and see what the calculated pm value is. This would give an idea of how much of a build up is in your dpf. I think if it gets to around 20 grams then it needs a forced regen. But don't quote me on that figure as I generally see them when they need a forced regen.

Thanks guys.Yeh spoke with Honda today and they are saying I SHOULD be fine after the update etc etc doesnt sound like it on here.