What's new

dpf

fatmax

Members
Reaction score
Car
es gt est auto
is it only honda that can reset this as mine has just come on.any help please

are you with the AA? Call them out and they can run the computer over it and clear most errors, But if your DPF is playing up doesn't that mean it has to be replaced?? How many miles have you done?

hi mate the car is a 09 and has done 73000.will a small code reader clear it like it does on other cars ????

well, I called the AA out on my 2004 honda accord, a engine management light came on, the told me what the fault was and cleared the fault. so its worth a go if you can run the computer over it, but I will check, the mileage does sound about the sort of range when a DPF needs replacing. Will check for you, but have a look at this link, might help you further.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1534-dpf-what-is-it/
:D

cheers mate . will take it for a blast down the motorway later.only had the car 3 weeks blown speaker now this :(

cheers mate . will take it for a blast down the motorway later.only had the car 3 weeks blown speaker now this :(
blown speaker!! That should be a easy fix, ( or swap) see what happens when you blast it down the motorway, might help! let us know ;)

update . took it for a run no dif.when i looked in the hand book it was the sencond check system it mist the first lol.so will book it in to honda tomoz.but only had the car for 3 weeks was got from jct600 dealers with a 12mth warranty.so should i look to the dealers or warranty or me to pay thanks

I should be able to clear it and regen it with my Honda module but if you've got a warranty with it then take it back to them.

Take it back to the garage you bought it from.

the garage is 40miles away .so will take it to honda only 3 miles away.F6HAD were are you based

Ah you have a Honda warranty, sorry I thought you got it from a regular garage.

Oh. Why are you going to a Honda garage then? If it's 3 weeks old and you've got a warning light up on the dash (that could potentially cost £1k to fix) why not take it back to the garage you bought it from. Anything other than them taking it straight in and fixing the issue would be a surprise.