What's new

Driver Side Window Switch

om4r

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hey guys

My switch went faulty (The driver side button was very flimsy) so i went to the scrappys to get another one. When using the replaced siwtch all the buttons work fine without a problem but the key fob buttons will not lock the doors yet the central locking button inside works. Any ideas what this could be?

Hey guys

My switch went faulty (The driver side button was very flimsy) so i went to the scrappys to get another one. When using the replaced siwtch all the buttons work fine without a problem but the key fob buttons will not lock the doors yet the central locking button inside works. Any ideas what this could be?

Omar this is an odd one im not sure but i cant see the connection with the key fob and the window switch.
I may be wrong but perhaps the key fob needs calibrating with the new switch.Or could it be a just the battery has gone flat in the key fob and gone at the same time.
Just found this have a look.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1106-key/page__view__findpost__p__12127__hl__window+switch__fromsearch__1

Thanks for the reply really helpfull. Does any know the sequence you need to do to get it to recode. as i know my delaers in blackburn will charge an arm and a leg for it

Omar try pm Beefy as its a simple thing to to but im not sure myself.Maybe someone hear might no.
Im sure there was another thread about this but i cant find it i think Salim gave details how to do it.

Have pmd. Thanks for your help does any one know the answer.

P.S. this should go in the How to section once answered due to the fimble way the drivers switch is made

I have a feeling that the programming bit that Brett is talking about that he remembers on another thread in the past may have been on a 6th gen, but may be (hopefully) wrong.

As Brett mentioned though, beefy is your man, he works at Holdcroft Honda

Do you know if Beefy minds a phone call or is it best to wait for his reply on here

Is his number on here? If he doesnt reply it maybe worth giving Holdcroft Honda in Stoke a call tomorrow. They are a great bunch and if you tell them you are from TypeAccord and ask for the service manager Steve, I suspect that he could tell you if it is possible one way or another.

I probz will give holdcroft a phone call tomorrow. Thanks for the help

lol no phone calls thanks. i have sent you a message omar but didnt know you had started a thread. replacing a window switch shouldnt loose the central locking code of the key but stranger things have happeded. first you need to check the led is lighting on the fob. i ***ume you have the 7gen key? the sequence is turn ignition to position 2 press lock then turn back to ignition 1 position. turn to position 2 and press lock again. keep repeating and on about the 5th time the central locking should lock. that key is coded to the central locking. if you have more than one key, you need to press the lock button on all other keys IMEDIATELY after the cental locking locks when working through the sequence. change all fob batterys.

Come on Adam... you would love a call ;)

Thanks for the reply beefy. I have the 7th gen i will try this as soon as i get a chance.

That didnt work. The central unit did make a sound but fob doesnt work. Checked batteries and that was fine. any other suggestions or is it a trip to dealers

lol no phone calls thanks. i have sent you a message omar but didnt know you had started a thread. replacing a window switch shouldnt loose the central locking code of the key but stranger things have happeded. first you need to check the led is lighting on the fob. i ***ume you have the 7gen key? the sequence is turn ignition to position 2 press lock then turn back to ignition 1 position. turn to position 2 and press lock again. keep repeating and on about the 5th time the central locking should lock. that key is coded to the central locking. if you have more than one key, you need to press the lock button on all other keys IMEDIATELY after the cental locking locks when working through the sequence. change all fob batterys.

Thanks for this- worked a treat on my defunct spare!! brilliant ;)

Extremely useful Adam,

Well worth a rep point