What's new

Driver's door lock cylinder barrell

ibiza_kid

Reaction score
Car
Honda accord mk 7
Hi guys, I've purchased an accord that's had it's door cylinder smacked in with a screwdriver struggling to find one, honda don't make them anymore and breakers not bothering with them as they are a nightmare to get out apparently

Any ideas?

Just make sure you keep a spare key fob battery to hand whilst looking for another lock.

You might find a complete drivers door available from the online breakers.

I do not know this for sure, but you might find that other Hondas of the same vintage use the same barrel. So you might be able to find a set from e.g. a Civic.

buyer beware, this one is for a steering column? doesn't look like mine anyhow

the part number, or style that you want, is 72181SEAG01
the door cylinder is much more stubby and has a locking plastic tab for the actuator rod
they're not difficult to take out but the 7th gen has that 90s clunkiness to how it's put together so the door skin is sandwiched between the outer handles and some load spreading brackets inside the door, the lock cylinder is mounted to these brackets which is probably why the breakers are hesitant to take them out, 6mm bolts exposed to the elements and all that

these can also be repinned with kits from ebay to match your original key but it's tedious work

Last edited: