What's new

Drivers seat problem!

Woody_1987

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Exc 2004
Hey guys,

Problem :( I noticed tonight under heavy braking, the seat actually moved forward slightly.. Its full electric with heated seats. I got round the back tried to push it to see if anything moved underneth, but fortunately nothing did, glad its not the hard points to secure the seat!

I cant think what else would be allowing the seat to move, it doesnt move under aceleration, just braking.

Upon researching the issues, this movement is common on the 7th gen, but i cant find the answer to the movement.

Any ideas to what is causing the issue?

Thanks, Chris.

Do you check bolts?

Yeh checked the bolts had no movement. Went to Honda garage not far from me, and they said they've heard nothing of it. They had a quick check over, they tilted seat as far back as it would go, and played with the adjustments. They couldnt find anything.

But upon putting it back into my normal driving posistion, i honestly havn't felt the seat move again. They did say however it could be the motors and the cogs ***ociated to that could be slipping.

however its a big job to replace.. so just going to play the waiting game for next month, see if it reappears, and then spend if its really necessary.

Mine does this, apparently it is the seat track that has a flat spot in it and its not a cheap fix. I'm just putting up with

both my drivers and passengers seat do this and I've learnt to ignore it as it still passes the mot.

My 2.4 Ex does it too.

It's a relief to see this post tbh. I've been thinking summat ain't right ..... does only move a tiny bit mind.

Yeah my seat has done it since purchase, oh well

This is so weird I've been meaning to investigate this issue on mine now i know It's very common, It's slightly worrying when you start to move while braking it feels like my seat is going to take off through the window for that split second (even though it only moves about 8mm in total ) :lol: so there's no easy fix its just a design fault ?

honda have been naughty, it seems the issue is widespread, but no one speaks up and lets Honda know.

i would say its a problem with the gears or railing on the seat., would be impossible to fix and that seat probably would cost a few grand from Honda.