What's new

DTC Codes help!

I had the battery disconnected for an hour or so the other night. When the rain sensor is disconnected I get the message but there is no code.

Where can I get one of the scs connector things to plug in on your diagram?

So what do you get if you plug the sensor in? The scs connector is a honda tool. There are various ways of making your own up, just do a search on the internet. I haven't due to the fact I have access to one at work. Its possible the rain sensor may be faulty but even if it was it shouldn't display the code on the gauge module.
This link will show how to self test the gauge module. try that and see if that shows any errors

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50iKB47HPutVFp4RVpJdjZaTlk/view?usp=sharing

I get code 1325 pa 71 if the sensor is plugged in. I will get go ogling on how to make the connector

Can you bring it up to me one day let me plug into it.. Definitely a weird one

I can do at some point please! I will take it anywhere willing to have a look and try and help to be fair.

I am currently trying to find how to fashion a scs connector to try out the sheets above from wookie.

Personally I think that Paul & Fahad can help on this better than I can, but here are a few images of the system just so you know the extent to what you could be up against (not high resolution, but click on each image to make a bit bigger, note that the locations in the right-hand-drive are mirrored)

CANbus_units_1.jpg

CANbus_units_2.jpg

CANbus_units_3.jpg

CANbus_units_4.jpg

Right so done the gauge check. The needles sweep ok and beeps are fine but it does not seem to enter the communication part. I just get 3 static lights there. No errors just 3 static lights.

Is the odometer showing the static lights? If there is an error it should come up in that area with error 1,2,3. Sounds like you need to do micu test as described earlier. You can substitute the special tool with a ball of tin foil. I know of people doing it this way. But if you try that method then I accept no liabilities for any damage. There shouldn't be any though. If you're not happy doing it then I would suggest taking it to a garage for them to check it out. Or maybe arrange with Fahad. I would say I wiukd have a look but I'm in Southampton and I don't have much free time at the mo. Work is hectic.

Thanks. Will try the foil. An auto electrician put it on an obd test thing today so I could see. It found the rain sensor fault that it could not clear and an ecu gauge control fault. I took pictures of the fault screens and have ordered a rain sensor as a gamble to rule out as it was only a tenner.

I have had the foil on and hte lights flashed to show I was in mode 1 and 2, but it just displayed SCS Service DTC No on the odo.

In the gauge test, I just get 3 dots on the odo - tried it again just now

If I remove fuse 18 from the drivers box I get my normal dash back, albeit with a couple of codes first.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vVigxj9jL4Bu_Q0EnEsC-iDovnlmiMM5dw/view?usp=sharing

Lights during gauge check

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-6IJXqGTonjTn9pUHZdBPo_UWJYBren1uA/view?usp=sharing

The DTC No message that just will not budge from the dash

Did you try another rain sensor? If that doesn't fix it, then I think it will need to be looked at more in depth, carry out input tests etc.

I have one coming. So frustrating that I removal of fuse 18 and I can see my info again. Honda want about 350 to look into it further but think I will be left with little option.

Not alot. I have put the new rain sensor in, and still get the 1325 code. Honda said it's due to the windscreen having a tint, but even if I take the sensor off the code goes and I just get dtc no. If I could whip a fuse out that is not needed that got rid of it I would be delighted. Until the battery started going I never had an issue with dtc codes showing up. I am in a bit of a bind now though as Honda were really useless last time and there is not another one very close by, and they want 80 just to start the diagnostic.

The windscreen tint shouldn't make a difference to the dtc, did you disconnect the battery when you fitted the new sensor? Do the wipers just work intermittent when set to auto?

They work as fast or slow as I set the interval with the thing on the stick.. But get faster with speed I think. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes after fitting.

This is a long shot disconnect both battery leads connect the two cables together this will discharge all electrical systems wait 5 mins then reconnect.

Sadly just got the dtc code straight up on the screen again. Is there a way to reboot the ecu or electrical systems? I can't believe I can't find other people who have had this problem, looked across civic and Crv forums too.

Without access to diagnostic kit, not really. Maybe with the new sensor fitted ask the Honda dealership if they can clear the code. Or an auto electrician with suitable kit.

I have had an auto electrician clear everything but it won't budge from the dtc no message. I will book it in with Honda and swallow the pain next week.

Hi guys. Could you please share what was the outcome here? I am getting similar errors: b1178 p50 and b1325 p71. No idea what the 1st one of them is. 2nd the rain sensor makes no sense to me as everything (wipers, rain detection, speed) is working correctly. I am also getting VSA and ABS light on the dash board - sometimes they stay for a day sometimes all is fine. VSA modulator thing has been already replaced last year by Honda themselves (well regenerated to be strict). Some speed sensors were also replaced...
Could it just be connections dropping between one of them sensors and the modulator? Or is it simply battery dying as somebody suggested? I've had alternator problems in the past but managed to replace it following DIY from here. Also bluetooth device failed last year flattening the battery couple of times before I realized what is going on.

Car is an Accord 2007 facelift. Loved it but I am loosing battle here. Can't believe it has so many issues which are mostly due to factory and manufacturing faults.

Anybody can help with the b1178 p50 meaning please? Also any suggestions are welcome.

New member on here - hope everyone is well!

I know this is an old thread but wondering if anyone here can clarify what the code DTC B1325 PA71 is for?

Background:
I parked my 2006 Accord Euro Spec 2.0 at my brothers place in France for a few months during winter, have driven it a few months and after 15k km the VSA and ABS will not clear after I jump pin 4 and 9 on the OBD2.

On other threads I see that folks say this code is for a misfiring #1 cylinder, but on this thread this code was mentioned but no one brought up anything about a misfiring #1 cylinder. Can anyone help to clarify/confirm what DTC B1325 PA 71 means after jumping pin 4 & 9 to remove the VSA / ABS (didn't clear lights btw). Also, I do not have a check engine light on, just got this code after using the paperclip method.

Trying to avoid going to a shop here in Italy.. its very hit & miss in terms of finding a knowledgeable shop.

Any insight from this group would be greatly appreciated!

Thx!