What's new

Dying clutch

Shiresy

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord Tourer
My clutch did the slipping in 5th gear jobby just before Christmas only happened the once then everything was back to normal so I thought ok not to worry too much could be good for quite some time, WRONG it did it again about a month after the first time but only in 5th cog then last week without any warning it slipped in 3rd coming off a roundabout, in a matter of 5 days it now slips in 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th, I can drive it but very carefully the slightest hint of boost and it slips, I ain't no boy racer and am very easy on the clutch, I will have to be now as I can't get it done till after Easter so it's a case of only use the car when it's absolutely necessary, the car is a 2006 exec tourer with 114k,

To be honest 10 years and over 100k miles is pretty good for any clutch. It's amazing for one of these.

Get it changed mate. Not good for the flywheel if it slips too much.

Mine's started doing it in 3rd now if I floor it from low revs, which is annoying as I was looking to get rid of it! now will have to get it changed first.

It's booked for the 1st of April TypeR that's the earliest I can get in only using it when needed and driving below 2k revs it's a chore but it don't slip,at all driving like this and I am guessing it will proberbly need bedding in when it's done so it will be more careful driving for a few hundred miles, in 33 years of motoring this is only the 3rd clutch I have had to buy the last one being on a mondeo 2years ago and the first one on a mk4 cortina back in 1983 that one was only £26 fitted big difference in prices now