What's new

Easy tuning mod(s) for a K24A3 ...

agrippa

Members
Reaction score
Car
Type S 2.4 2007
Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere (if so, happy to be pointed in the right direction); but are there any easy mods for a K24A3 Accord Type-S [2007] [Manual] that can increase the torque or BHP? By 'easy', I mean mods that aren't too complicated, readily purchasable and can be performed by a garage if I ask nicely (I'm no mechanic). By 'increase', I mean mods that will gently nudge me from the stock 187bhp into the 200 - 210 range?

Kind Regards,
Agrippa.

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere (if so, happy to be pointed in the right direction); but are there any easy mods for a K24A3 Accord Type-S [2007] [Manual] that can increase the torque or BHP? By 'easy', I mean mods that aren't too complicated, readily purchasable and can be performed by a garage if I ask nicely (I'm no mechanic). By 'increase', I mean mods that will gently nudge me from the stock 187bhp into the 200 - 210 range?

Kind Regards,
Agrippa.
Loads of stuff on here about how difficult it is to mod the K24.

ECU mods on pre-facelift very difficult. Facelift is easier.
CAI (cold air intake) gives about 5 HP (Stevearcade did a good one, see the DIY section in the 7th gen).
Biggest issue on the 7th gen is that the VTEC only comes in a 6000 rpm, so you only get it for 1200 rpm. I reckon it would be easy to implement something that gets it to pull in a 4000 rpm (or whatever), theres a thread somewhere.

XO Power up north have cracked the pre facelift ECU and can remap it. Taking the red line up to about 8K and lowering VTEC engagement to about 5K. I believe something might be on the horizon with Fahad too, so keep an ear to the ground with Premier Tuning as he may be making an announcement in the future on this also.

In the mean time, as Brian says (good to see back on the boards by the way Bri ;) ) breathing mods, CAI and exhaust (I've now done both and the car is more lively between 3-5K on the revs). The remap is one to bare in mind, but do some research and don't expect any quick answers or results for under £500 right now. VTC cam angles are supposed to be very good mods, but very detailed and you want to find yourself the right garage to do it. I imagine that won't be cheap either.

However, you'd be amazed at the difference it makes upgrading the suspension on the Accords. They ride high, seriously high, like they've been lifted :lol: . Get the car dropped between 3-4cm and it will make the world of difference. Maybe get some 6th gen Accord Type-R twin piston callipers refurbished and fitted too. I reckon you could do that for a reasonable price and, with the lowering, it will make the car feel great in the bends and stop better. All contributes to speed. It's not all about the engine after all, consider how much speed is lost in body roll and lurching under breaking.

The K24 on stock is still a respectable engine, get the car set up a little better to support the engine and it is a lot more fun to drive, but can still be a great daily cruiser/family car.

I'd begin with a CAI and cold air intake though if it's power you're after. Then look at the stance/suspension setup while you research and save up for the remap (and possibly the cam angle work too) ;) .

+1 on the lowering, the accord is like a tractor.

first thing i had to do was lower it after getting it.

Loads of stuff on here about how difficult it is to mod the K24.

ECU mods on pre-facelift very difficult. Facelift is easier.
CAI (cold air intake) gives about 5 HP (Stevearcade did a good one, see the DIY section in the 7th gen).
Biggest issue on the 7th gen is that the VTEC only comes in a 6000 rpm, so you only get it for 1200 rpm. I reckon it would be easy to implement something that gets it to pull in a 4000 rpm (or whatever), theres a thread somewhere.

hi, i cant find any info on the diy intake, can anyone link me please?

if you are going to advance the ignition timing, you would be well advised to only use super unleaded or vpower type fuel. ie at least 97 octane...

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, much appreciated.

Has anybody used V-Power on the 2.4 Type-S? and do you notice any difference?

Agrippa.

If you want 200bhp the easiest route is to sell and get an 8th gen, 200bhp out the box from the k24.,

If you want 200bhp the easiest route is to sell and get an 8th gen, 200bhp out the box from the k24.,
Yeah, but even if 2.4 8th gens weren't so rare, they're still up to £8000 more expensive (judging from AutoTrader this morning).

Aye. I cant justify the price difference, i doubt there is any or marginal performance gain from a 7th gen 2.4 to a 8th gen 2.4.?

im trying to get a group buy going for some coilovers if you might be interested...If you want to go fast, you'll need to get your car round corners for a start otherwise you may be in for some trouble :p Meister R group buy

Reflash is the best easy tune for Accord .

Result is very good on K24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXUemlOepHU

Headers is the next mod. Intake mods are also good but power gain is margin compared to other options.

What ref lash did you get? Was it off the shelf? Was it a TSX ECU swap with a Hondata Flash Pro?

What ref lash did you get? Was it off the shelf? Was it a TSX ECU swap with a Hondata Flash Pro?

Its a stock ECU reflash, been developed for EDM and JDM cars, both LHD and RHD. It was developed and tuned with flashpro on swapped TSX ECU and then all the maps and parameters been transferred to stock ECU firmware. So now its off the shelf and work in stock ECU.

So it's the Hondata Flashpro adapted to work on European ECUs without the TSX swap. And does this mean you can plug in the flash pro and tinker with the map, the way you can with the normal flash pro on a TSX ECU?

How about earlier model CL9s that don't have CANBUS?

Not so . Its not a flashpro. Its been used for datalogging and tuning purposes, to find a perfect maps and parameters. Stock ECU nor any scanners dont have such datalogging ability as Flashpro. So reflash is just a firmware for stock ECU. For stock car or car with simple bolt ons. Its similar to Hondata offer you can see here http://www.hondata.com/reflash_tsx_06.html But for EDM cars. Its all the juices squeezer and it cant be tinkered )

Not so . Its not a flashpro. Its been used for datalogging and tuning purposes, to find a perfect maps and parameters. Stock ECU nor any scanners dont have such datalogging ability as Flashpro. So reflash is just a firmware for stock ECU. For stock car or car with simple bolt ons. Its similar to Hondata offer you can see here http://www.hondata.com/reflash_tsx_06.html But for EDM cars. Its all the juices squeezer and it cant be tinkered )

Hi Sergey,

I`ve seen thread about your reflash on Croatian forum, but I was unable to register...

Anyway, any chance of getting your mod here in the Czech Republic?

Good evening Petr. I dont have partners in your country for now. Closest guys are in Germany and Poland. Polish guy live very close to Czech , in Raziborz.

Oh, hey Segey. This reminds me, I haven't replied to your email yet. Been crazy busy over Christmas and back to work etc. But will be in touch mate.

Hey Steve ! Dont worry , im still thinking on your previous one )

You can mail me to ppserge@gmail.com and ill give you contacts.