What's new

eBay Wind Deflectors

Stevearcade

TA Friend
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2003 Accord CM2
So I ordered some eBay wind deflectors yesterday and to my surprise, they arrive this morning. I bought these ones. Great service as they cost £30, the postage was free and next day. Fitting was pretty easy. Couldn't believe how dirty my window seals were. Took a long time to get them clean. Also, the deflectors did have a sharp edge on them, a part that goes inside the window seal. I cut my thumb :rolleyes: . The retaining clips require a little more force than you would think, but now it's all fitted they look and feel good. Also, very pleased with the photo quality of my new phone. Not bad for only 3 mega pixel.

WindDeflector01.jpg

WindDeflector02.jpg

The don't really stand out much in these photos. Almost too shiny and reflective. I'll take some more once they get dirty.

looks good, I got them and found the fitting was better without the clips. Also be careful when you stick you hand out the window when it's cracked open a little they can cut your hand lol

looks like a nice addition Steve you definitely got the mod bug ;)

:lol: I do indeed have the mod bug. But for the sake of £30 it sets the lines of the car off nicely an makes it look very good in my opinion. Also, one of the main reasons I got them actually is when I'm on my own in the car I smoke cigarettes as opposed to the electronic doo dah. I always have the window open a bit for flicking ash out and stopping the car stinking too much. Recently with the bad weather I was thinking I should get some deflectors so I can have the windows open a bit for flicking ash out and ventilation and it not let loads of wind/rain in. I shall see how it is on the drive to work on Monday and report back :lol: .

Im still waiting to put mine on from Wing at the Ace meet.But i cant track down a drivers single one at the min because its cracked.

Lol very deep pockets spring to mind Steve

I wish Brett. I had budgeted for it, but just forgot to order it online. Will do that now. Checked the bank earlier today too and thought "I'm about £150 better off than I thought I should be, that's nice" but now I remember why :rolleyes: :( .

That's the beauty of our 2.4 but ha ho.
I always put £20 a week back for the running of the car and it certainly helps mate

this time last month, like Steve, I thought I was ahead. MOT done, but then I remembered that my tax and insurance were also due. December is no fun like that.

this time last month, like Steve, I thought I was ahead. MOT done, but then I remembered that my tax and insurance were also due. December is no fun like that.

the car taxes come out of my wifes account so i'm always better off........................oooh, but then i pay for sky, insurances, water, electric and tv license. Maybe not so good after all. :lol:

On topic, i shall be buying my wind deflectors next month.

I sourced a set of ebay too, just the front ones, £22. I didn't use the clips provided, had to snip a bit off the drivers side deflector to get it to fit, and also sliced a trench into my finger (those deflectors should come with a danger warning). The reason I only fitted front deflectors is that I'm a smoker, and when its raining, the water just pours in the open window in a stream straight onto the window buttons etc, and I didn't fancy
A. Getting electrocuted
B. Having to replace the switches
C. Both of the above

I have on my saloon.

Ditto on my tourer. Easy fit, no problems really. Have to reposition the rear ones from time to time, but no big deal.

Ive had these on most of my cars, not sure what make they are but i always use Heko - they are the best by far

imo, best wind deflectors is mugen, not original, because of price :) but it's replica, like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220789709695?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 (think, i got this link half year ago from this forum)
i ordered them, arrived few days ago, very fast, great quality and smell :) not fitted yet, this weekend will do
i had Heko deflectors on previous car, after about year i had little scraps on my window, it's fitted inside