What's new

EGR valve location 2.2 i-dtec

vin_o

Reaction score
Car
Accord Mk8 2.2 idtec
Hi, Folks just wondering if anyone can point me to where the location of the EGR valve is on the engine? I have removed the DPF for cleaning and was hoping to clean the EGR too if possible. Seems to be plenty of info for the older generations but not the 8th gen.

It's around the back I'm afraid along with the egr cooler. The pipework runs from the exhaust manifold at the front and wraps around the right of engine (looking from the front) to the egr cooler and valve at the back

Cheers, ye I could see the two pipes going (or disappearing!) around the rhs of the engine block. Didn't realize it actually went around the back tho! Would be a bit of a job to get at it so.... Not like the older vacuum EGRs. I'll reinstall the cleaned DPF and see how it goes. Not sure how much 'cleaning' I could do on this electronic EGR anyway...

You can’t clean them and best not to disturb the cooler pipe work as it’s weak and prone to cracking. Dpf cleaning doesn’t really work but see how you get on.

Thanks F6HAD, Ye I decided to leave the EGR alone. I'm at least hoping the DPF clean (ultrasonic bath) at least releaves the pressure and I can clear the faults - reinstall tomorrow....so I'll see how it goes.