What's new

EGR Valve

Accord125

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 I-CTDI EXECUTIVE
I was having problems with the Accord where I was unable to get it passed 2000 revs. My engine management light came on. At first I was thinking the fuel filter was clogged or needed replacing. Just to be sure I gave my mate Fahad a call for some advice. Fahad suggested it could be the fuel Filter or the EGR Value was clogged up. So I decided to go down and see Fahad. We concluded that it was unlikely the fuel filter as this has only done 6k and it was a Bosch. With his sound advice we decided to tune the car with the EGR Value off. Fahad disabled the engine management light and we took it for a spin, it drove nicely and the car performence was back to normal. I have been driving the car for over a week and it looks like it has solved the problem.

A big thank you to Fahad who was exceptional who gave some sound advice and fixed the problem for me. Well Done.

Abdul - thanks for that feedback ;)

Thinking back, I'm sure this was a few weeks back now lol Glad it's holding out well. As these cars are now approaching relatively high mileage, problems like stuck EGR valves are going to be more and more common - especially if they're only doing short runs.

Abdul's car from memory had the High Fuel Pressure, and Injector no2 malfunction error.. now normally you wouldn't ***ociate that with an EGR problem but I've seen allsorts of random errors due to sticking EGR valves... after clearing the errors and re-tuning the engine with the EGR OFF, when we took it for a run, it was clear the problem had gone and I think Abdul could feel the instant improvement in throttle response too.

Good work guys. Seems like its a no brainer if you have an EGR problem. The EGR itself is an expensive bit of kit so this type of solution can prove to be very reasonable option.

Abdul hows things with you, long time no hear mate

defo going to get this done ,,, just getting over xmas cash drain then i'll be in touch fahad

Veryone want a nearly brand new EGR valve? I bought from Honda still have receipt for it, I want fahad to tune my car with EGR off, so I can reuse the faulty old EGR and sell my new one..