What's new

electric recliner not working ladz?...help....

gizzzy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord ICTDI 2005
fady/cj.......help....getting a backache, the electric driver seat wont recline.......its in a 80degree position....what can it be???......what do i change??

Giz didn't you take it apart on Saturday? It's probably a seized motor or something.. only way to test it is to take it apart and put 12v to it.

also have you checked all fuses

ok i know this reply is toooo little to late, lol sorry guys.....but thought id post on here what i did anyway in case anyone else had the same issue...

ok after loads of stripping and arsing about, i eventually managed to read up online from an american site that they had similar problems with their hondas over there, it was a simple case of the motor being stuck/sticking....

solution.....you literally have to force the seat back whilst pressing the recline button...and i mean really put some effort in it...that did the job, it freed it up....after getting almost a weeks worth of bad bad...lol hope it helps in future for anyone....

Just want to say a big thank you gizz. Fixed recliner as per your instruction. Had the car at the garage the weekend before last and was told the motor was knackered and needed replacing.

Now if only my water leak was as easy to fix.