What's new

Electrickery

Swervin Mervin

Members
Reaction score
Car
Jazz
The old bus decided to have a funny five minutes the other day...........at a really inconvenient moment.

Just packing up the tent at the end of our camping trip. Annoyingly the heavens opened while taking down the tent so much to the amusement of other campers I had to pack away a wet tent. Got everything crammed in the boot and went to shut it....yep, you guessed it! It wouldn't close....I thought it was overfull so pulled out stuff onto the wet grass to check....nope, the electric locking mech wasn't working.

A bit of googling led me to track down some tools from fellow campers and disconnected the battery, which resolved the problem.

First time I've had an issue with the tailgate and what a time for it to happen!

and then....

I noticed my nearside sidelight had been out for a few days, as was the nearside round rear light. I was already anticipating removing the archliner to replace the bulb, a bit of a PITA when on a whim, I rapped the light with my knuckle.......it then came back to life. I chuckled to myself and tried the same with the rear light........yep, that one suddenly flashed back into life too!!!

Weird!

I checked my side lights the day before my MOT in May. To my shock, both were out :eek: . I gently punched both lights and they came back on :rolleyes: . They've stayed on ever since. Figured they weren't properly in their housing.

As for your boot, is it possible some rain got in and tripped something on the tailgate ECU? I mean having the boot open in such heavy rain etc...? Could have run down into a crevice somewhere and shorted a connection or something. Unplugging the battery reset whatever was tripped on the ECU perhaps? Still a right PITA given the situation I bet.

Keep us updated though, just in case this issue comes back.