What's new

End of the road for my 6G...

silverVTEC

Members
Reaction score
Car
CG9
Well yesterday my accord decided life wasn't worth living and something went wrong inside the gearbox. I've decided not to repair it as I've had too many problems with it. So it's time to move on to another honda the cars for sale spares or repairs now. Someone might have some use out of her..

£300 you can take her away mate, I am trying to up load pics but my iPhone is being stupid.. This has to be the worse honda I have owned! Never again will I buy an accord, for a honda their built ****!

Sorry to hear that but disagree with Accord being rubbish, it is arguably the best Honda model, you were just unlucky with your example, it might have had a hard life or was just a friday afternoon special.

I would have to say... Although not having it long... I paid 300 for a type-v full mot 71k and everything works... I am super impressed my other car, 340bhp focus ST 225 although completely different type of car doesn't come close in build quality..

As exec said, the 6th gen is one of the most solid cars out there tbh. Sounds like this one might have been subject to a hard life under a previous owner - can't say I've heard of many (if at all any) gearbox failures on a 6g on this forum? At any rate I wish you better luck with your next car mate, I think we've all had a car that was just trouble!

Josh2109 said:
As exec said, the 6th gen is one of the most solid cars out there tbh. Sounds like this one might have been subject to a hard life under a previous owner - can't say I've heard of many (if at all any) gearbox failures on a 6g on this forum? At any rate I wish you better luck with your next car mate, I think we've all had a car that was just trouble!
I must of had the worst accord out there, God knows what the previous owners done to it because I had nothing but trouble with it. It's ashame because it drove lovely! Anyway I just brought an EK3 saloon that's JDM. I only buy Hondas! Shame I got a dodgy accord tho that must be rare!

ST-Mcfarlane said:
I would have to say... Although not having it long... I paid 300 for a type-v full mot 71k and everything works... I am super impressed my other car, 340bhp focus ST 225 although completely different type of car doesn't come close in build quality..
Yep they are superbly built, I have been in quite a few, some right lemons, and even the lemons didnt have a single rattle, compare that to a lot of new cars, including your so called premium germans which have rattles and all sorts. Even the materials used in the 6gen is superb, hardwearing soft touch plastics everywhere.

Long term rust will be the main killer for these. Rust you just dont see. Mechanically they are one of the best hondas in the uk. One of the last strong ones imo

Even with rust, these cars are solid, not a single rust on any panel on mine, even in places where paint has scuffed off, nor have I seen rust on any other 6gens, the paintwork is also superb, especially for a Honda! Compare that to 90's onwards beemers and mercs which rust like nobodys business.

But as you said due to some engineering fault they can rust in a place where you can't see which is somewhere behind the firewall.

A 6th Gen accord is (in my opinion) is the BEST value for money offered in a used car:

- Huge Boot
- Spacious front and back
- A great drive on twisty roads
- Most reliable engine you can get.
- Great turning circle
- Easy to service and maintain
- Engine encourages fast driving
- Interior is robust and chunky
- Ride quality is fantastic
- Road noise is very well suppressed
- Over engineered in many areas.

Downsides:

- ABS sensors
- Bland design

T5R92011 said:
A 6th Gen accord is (in my opinion) is the BEST value for money offered in a used car:

- Huge Boot
- Spacious front and back
- A great drive on twisty roads
- Most reliable engine you can get.
- Great turning circle
- Easy to service and maintain
- Engine encourages fast driving
- Interior is robust and chunky
- Ride quality is fantastic
- Road noise is very well suppressed
- Over engineered in many areas.

Downsides:

- ABS sensors
- Bland design
to be fair i agree with all of that aprt from the bland design i love the look of the 6th gen

I still miss my G6 Accord. I now have a G8 Type S that goes like the clappers but it's not as agile or engaging to drive on twisty roads.