What's new

engine bay clean up

Jamie s

Members
Reaction score
Car
52 2.0 SE Exec
i gave my engine bay a small tidy up tonight at work.

Sorry no before pics but a few afters

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

all i used was Optimum metal polish and a terry towel and some fine grade 00 wire wool

i plan to attack more when time permits and will post the results up when i can.

Thanks for looking

Jamie S

bling bling B)

Looking good mate nice and clean.

That's spotless Jamie
smile.gif
smile.gif

very nice Jamie I always give mine a wipe round under the bonnet when I wash the car

next its the wheels off clean the suspension and the inside of the wheels :D

Looking good mate

Get some blackfire metal sealant, will help protect the finish against the elements

Engine bay looks very clean mate. Your heatshield is in such good condition

thanks for the kind comments.

Jono i am planing a order from Polished bliss and i have been recommend the Blackfire midnight sun paste wax so i will order some of the metal sealant while im there.

Shabz the heatsheid was in poor condition and just took about 2-3 min of light rubbing with fine grade wire wool and 5 min of polishing, very easy to do and makes a big difference.

I have got a few new products recently and can recommend the Dodo juice clearly menthol glass cleaner and if you don't have any protection on your car and wash it about 1-2 a month i can recommend Dodo juice red mist (by the way i don't work for Dodo juice!) and the Optimum no rinse ...... all i can say is taht it is a great product for a quick rinse down.

I can do a mini review of each if you guys like?

Jamie S

i gave my engine bay a small tidy up tonight at work.

Sorry no before pics but a few afters

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

all i used was Optimum metal polish and a terry towel and some fine grade 00 wire wool

i plan to attack more when time permits and will post the results up when i can.

Thanks for looking

Jamie S

Hi, I'm just wondering how you managed to polish up the vtec letters on the rocker cover? like to try this myself! What did you use on the rocker cover itslef?

Thanks

hi Tony,

i used a draper rotary tool with a wire cup brush that came with it, then i used the polish pad in the same kit with some optimum metal polish.
It took about 10 min in all.

I been told that polished vtec badge means 4bhp
i have been informed that it is at least 40bhp and improves mgp by 200% :ph34r:

Next on the agenda in summer is getting the alloys refurbed and buy a set of steel wheels and winter tyres.

Hope this helps

Jamie S

i have been informed that it is at least 40bhp and improves mgp by 200%

You only get the mpg if you use the polishing pad. Problem is you have to redo it every three tanks of fuel otherwise it knackers the spark plugs.