What's new

Engine Bay Detail

J4JAV

Mr OCD Detailing
Reaction score
Car
Accord CL7 & ATR
Hi Guys,

As per the above ***les, gave the engine bay a good detail today, was due as last on was done about 6 months ago... also with the car being in Captains place, it caught a lot of dust from buffing etc... so the above two products were used.

Use the Megs SD diluted in a spray bottle, spray all over the engine bay (make sure its very cool), but dont get it onto the bodywork (such as wings), then with a small detailing brush agitate the whole area, leave for about 10 minutes, rinse down, then the same process again just to make it that extra cleaner, let it air dry ( you can wash the rest of the car now if you like)

then just give the engine bay a quick dry where there is still water left with a MF cloth, then spray Aerospace 303 all over the engine bay, on metal, rubber, plastics etc... give it about 5 mins to settle in then with another clean MF cloth buff down the whole area of the engine bay... and hopefully with a bit of patience you will end up with something like this....(sorry about no before pics, camera was a bit too expensive to risk getting damaged lol)

DSC01516.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

DSC01518.jpg

DSC01519.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

DSC01527.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

not bad for a 70k miles car is it? ;)

That's seriously tidy man. Nice work. Great dedication.

:)

Looks good Jav did you soak the entire engine bay as i was going to do this but worried about water damage in electrical parts.

jav that looks amazing mate. do you jet wash the engine?

Superb...and that red valve cover makes all the difference.

Think you need to do a how to mate :lol: that is seriously shiny!

That's seriously tidy man. Nice work. Great dedication.

:)

Thanks Steve!

Looks good Jav did you soak the entire engine bay as i was going to do this but worried about water damage in electrical parts.

Thanks Brett, yes soaked it all... tbh I have done this on many cars and its fine, just with a ordinary hose though... most electrics are covered and fuse boxes are water tight trust me I have tested that lol... only visible thing really is the battery terminals, which after the detail you can treat up anyway... :) get it done mate your car is new so should be easier to keep on top of ;)

****** ell Jav! that is seriously clean :eek:

lol thanks mate :) took a bit of time, but paid off in the end I suppose.

jav that looks amazing mate. do you jet wash the engine?

Thanks Shab! no mate just use normal garden hose

Superb...and that red valve cover makes all the difference.

Thanks mate, yep sure does add a bit of bling to the engine bay I suppose! lol

Think you need to do a how to mate :lol: that is seriously shiny!

Dan if your serious about that, I think I need another members car and we can do it on that and take lots of pics, before, during and after to show the results... mine is going to take a while to get filthy again lol

Jav if you,ve got a spare couple of days can you do mine :D , that is seriously clean.

bring it over mate ;) lol thanks :)

Well I was planning a little trip to elite in the next week or two... but only just got back fro Japan and haven't organised anything yet.... will give faddy a call tomorrow maybe.

Jav,

Looks as good as always. :)

Even if you had posted a before picture up it would have looked good though, despite having 6 months of dirt on it!