What's new

engine management light on and wont go off !

2.4types2003

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
I have a Honda accord 2.4 type s 2003. this car has been sat in the drive for nearly 6 months due to a lot of work being carried out due to it being fully submerged in the floods within my local area. everything is in tact accept a few issues. in regards to this issue its the main one that is worrying me. I recently had a diagnostic test on the car that read the dreaded codes for the o2 sensors on the car. I have then replaced the pair of the sensors in the exhaust because that was the codes. I then had the management light turned off and restarted the car only to find that the light again came back on. yet when the diagnostic was retested there were no codes what so ever yet when the light is turned out it comes back on and its becoming very annoying. the car when taken out for a drive yesterday the performance wasn't lost what so ever and the car flew like I remember so well. but in some places the car felt sluggish but for a brief moment which concluded to maybe a dirty injector and I will get some injector cleaner on to solve that hopefully. but the light remains on and I wanted to know if anyone can think of the problem i'm having as its smashing my head trying to find a solution. can I add the exhaust of the car is in need of replacement its not falling off so much but it is deteriorating and was questioning if it could be the exhaust itself that is causing the light to come on ? please get back to me to any solutions and thoughts that could determine the nature of my problem as i just want my car back to normal thank you...

If it's been under water it could be anything really, possibly a damaged ecu. Take it to a decent auto electrician

The ecu and main electrical components have been replaced sorry I should have added that. I've had it plugged in and it's reading PO135 heater circuit O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 but I have replaced this with a new one so could it be possible that the Laf heater fuse has blown ?

The ecu and main electrical components have been replaced sorry I should have added that. I've had it plugged in and it's reading PO135 heater circuit O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 but I have replaced this with a new one so could it be possible that the Laf heater fuse has blown ?

DTC P0135 indicates A/F Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater Circuit Malfunction

Start by checking the following fuses
  • No. 19 OPTION (40A) fuse in under-hood fuse/ relay box.
  • No. 4 A/F SENSOR (15A) fuse in under-dash fuse/relay box.
  • No. 23 IGP (7.5A) fuse in under-dash fuse/relay box.

If those are ok then there's a lot of continuity and resistance checking of the A/F sensor circuits and connectors, including the A/F sensor relay in the MICU

Honda are fussy about the o2 sensors and fuel filters if a branded one is used you should be ok I would recommend hds to see if you can clear I would also remove battery terminal for five minutes and reconnect.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

just to tell everyone the management light is now off. the reason was is i had the fuse boxes removed from the car by a friend who didnt put fuse 23 in and so it left the engine light on and when i checked today put the fuse in the light went off and has now stayed off. just to let you know freddodrog also in regaurds to where the car is at all alarm and locking is to now working and have not replaced any components but i would like to thank you all for your help in distingusihing the issue. the only thing left is to stop this heater from blowing hot constantly.