What's new

engine oil

nitram

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord type s
hi i know this is a age old topic but i need it clear i my head what oil should i use in my 2.4 type s last oil change i used 10 40 was that a right decision any help would be helpful

Dealers tend to use Castrol Edge 0w30 but there's an opinion that it could be a tad too thin. I've used it, but I've also used 5w30, 5w40, and 10w40. Doesn't really matter as long as you change it frequently.

i.e. a cheaper 10w40 changed more often, might be better than Castrol Edge 0w30 changed less often

As Brian said.I personally use silkolene pro 5w-30 and am very happy with this.

I used mobil one 0w40 in mine (was a 2L petrol), changed every 12.5k, sold it with 97k on the clock. Engine sounded the same as when i bought it and didn't use a drop of oil. 5L of mobil one costs £30 at costco. Well worth the money.

We've been using 10w/40 in both the K20 and K24 Honda's in our household but I switched to 5w/30 this weekend. It does feel slightly smoother if i'm honest... I think you're fine with anything between 0w/40 to 10w/40 as long as you're not mixing oils and maintaining regular changes.