What's new

Engine rebuild tips.

Scottydog

Reaction score
Car
Accord mk7 2.4
I have a 2006 accord with a k24a3 engine with 80k miles on, unfortunately the body is not as long lasting as the engine so it is time to send it to the great rustyard. Love the car so much I went and got another mk7 2.4 on a 2007 plate with the same engine but has 180k miles on. Thinking I can take engine out of 2005 and strip down & rebuild in slow time on a budget so not looking for racing pistons etc just strip down clean up and rebuild. Any ideas on whether it's worth doing and suggestions are welcome.

Personally I wouldn’t bother, these engines are capable of big miles of taken care of. What are you going to do with the engine anyway?

No major plans at the moment for the engine but it is far to good to scrap. Was thinking along the lines of stripping it down, replace all gaskets, core plugs, seals, valve stem seals..... Etc etc while I am in there I want to check any damage that may have been done by running on LPG changing valves if needed..... While I have plenty of time and no pressure to get it in car as this will be out of my doner CL9. Then next summer (21) swap it into my daily CL9 which will give me another couple of years with an engine that is in tip top mechanical condition.

If it’s been running on lpg then yes probably worth whipping the head off and stripping it down