What's new

Engine swap, N22a1 2.2 I-ctdi

Kim

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Does anyone know if the engine from Honda FR-V. 2.2 I-ctdi engine (code n22a1) fits in my accord CN1. Its the same engine code n22a1.. But meybe it is any differences?

Removed the engine and transmission yesterday from the car . Because the engine got a bad rod bearing and Main bearing. Locking for a swap engine. If anyone got a tips where i can buy used engines for good prices let me know, but it needs to ship to norway

Yes it will fit but there are differences on some of the ancillaries and the egr setup is totally different as both the crv and FRV have an egr cooler.

Okey, Thank you! I Just wanted to buy the "only engine" and put over the parts from my old engine, egr system, turbo, injectors etc

Thanks again mate, have a nice day! :)

Hi there,

I managed to buy a low mileage N22A1 engine complete with all auxiliaries and gearbox. I am planning on swapping them with the ones that are in the car (matching engine and gearbox).
The new engine didn't come with the ECU.

Could you guys please confirm if I have to do any reprogramming on any ECUs after the swap?
Apart from the injector recoding..

I am also planning to check/clean replace the cam chain, clutch, dmf, manifolds, egr, turbo if they seem to need it.

I'll document the process.

Kind regards
N

Nope, just swap engine and if you’re keeping the donor injectors they’ll need to be coded in