What's new

Epsilon Alloys+winter tyres

simontown

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord Tourer
Hi Guys,

Picked up a spare set of Epsilons from a guy on Ebay for £100-00, similar condition to those on the car with minor kerbing a some corrosion.

Plan is to get one set refurbed for the summer and then run a set with winter tyres for the colder months.

I will be taking the tyres to Lepsons for powder coating, and will be posting pics, but interested in thoughts re colour? Also anyone got experiance with winter tyres on the Accord?

Look forward to your thought?

Kind regards

Simon

powder coating your tyres is not a good idea!!! :D

powder coating your wheels, now thats a nice idea! :D

Winter tyres - I bought Conti Winter Contacts last year - 205 - 16s and got all 4 for 385 quid fitted. they weer simply awesome, absolute confidence even on snow packed roads on our estate. I was gob smacked how well it stopped on a surface I could hardly stand up on.

Doh!!!! :blush:

Guess powder coated tyres might be interesting........

Any thoughts on colour guys?

Sounds a good price for the Contis, although it steps up for the 225 45 r17, anyone seen any bargains?

Cheers

Simon

I dont know what ut is with epsilons. They look great but every set i've ever seen on a honsa have been badly corroded. I think you can get clear powder coating too. If so i think a mint set of epsilons would look great and hopefully last longer

Idon'tt know what ut is with epsilons. They look great but every setI'vee ever seen on a honsa have been badly corroded. I think you can get clear powder coating too. If so i think a mint set of epsilons would look great and hopefully last longer

I could get them recut & lacquered for the diamond cut finish, but this is not as durable as a coat of primer/colour/lacquer so I'm going for the tougher version.

Thinking of a bright silver along the lines of the inner elements of the wheel...

Regards

Simon

Was thinking along similar lines for the basic 16's + winters on the tourer (either white or black). The cars graphite and runs summer Pentas.

PS sorry for hijack.

V

Hi Guys,

Picked up a spare set of Epsilons from a guy on Ebay for £100-00, similar condition to those on the car with minor kerbing a some corrosion.

Plan is to get one set refurbed for the summer and then run a set with winter tyres for the colder months.

I will be taking the tyres to Lepsons for powder coating, and will be posting pics, but interested in thoughts re colour? Also anyone got experiance with winter tyres on the Accord?

Look forward to your thought?

Kind regards

Simon

Hi Simon,
Exactly what I've been doing for the past 3 years and I've never been stuck.
I v'e just put Kuhmo IZen KW27 s on mine after a recommendation from some friends in Germany - they're V rated as well so you don't have to drive like a nun when it's dry. Obviously we've had no snow yet but from past experience, even the cheapest winter tyres will out perform a summer tyre in the snow and ice. It's SO satisfying to drive past all the stuck cars on summer tyres! The Kuhmo s were £100 each for 225/45/17s.

Good luck

Have a look at a members car called Puppy. He had grey epsilons on a silver Accord and they looked very nice indeed. His car should be in Members gallery section

Thinking of the Audi Chrome....

Anyone tried these:

HS-439.jpg

Falken HS-439 225/45 R17 94V XL BSW

Cheers

Simon