What's new

Error Code P0135

Discodave

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Type S
Ok I hit a ****** big brick laying the middle of the road while doing 60mph and the engine management light came . Pulled over and gave the under body a good look over for leaks. Drove carefully to the local garage and got it up on ramp, thank god for the plastic engine cover that I so curse every time I want to work on the car...lol

Seems to have ripped a hole in plastic cover by the sump, but the sump is ok. but has hit the o2 sensor and this is the error the ecu is reporting (P0135 - O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction).

Is it just a case of checking the sensor/replacing and clearing the error code?

Has anyone got a 02 sensor they do not need :unsure: as they are about £200 for Honda.

I wished I could get hold of the lorry the brick fell off :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sounds like you were lucky there mate - yes the sensor or sensor wiring has become damaged and is causing a short circuit. Just unbolt it (this can be a pain so maybe use heat) and replace. The light should go out itself or use any generic code reader to cancel it. Ideally buy a new sensor as these are consumable parts anyway with a limited life of maybe 100k miles before they lose their efficiency. You'll find your MPG and drivability improves with a new O2 sensor (remember it's a vital component in calculating your fuel mixture).

sorry to hear that Dave?
but as fahad said this could have been a lot worse.

Thanks for the info, as you say Fahad it could have been a lot worse, luckily there was not a car behind me as the brick did bounce off up the road into the ditch or I did not try to go round it. I did however center the car so that it would go under middle, a little to the right or left it would have missed the sensor.

I had a 4x4 in front which easily cleared the brick, now if I was not lowered I might have got away with it :rolleyes:

Called HH and the want £185 delivered :( not what I need with a house move next month!

Fahad, I take it the ecu will default the O2 sensor value, what would be the effect of driving the car, I take it it will run rich and could end up killing the cat. I need to get it home tonight.

Have you priced up non genuine I had a non gen on my civic vtis for a good few years never had any troubles from it.

I'd stick to either genuine or aftermarket but direct from the manufacturer. Whip off your old one and check what brand and serial number it is i.e. Bosch or Denso and then try and source from somewhere.