What's new

EX GT brakes upgrade

BazCW3

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX GT Tourer
After driving my brothers VRS and jumping back into Accord I could see the brakes need upgrade , They have nearly got me in trouble once or twice not slowly down quick enough. I was wondering has anyone put the type S twin pots on EX GT ? Or will fast road pads do job on oe brakes they come with ? If so what ones are you guys using.

Type S also have 320mm Ø discs not just twin pot calipers.
Its expensive going down that road unless you pick up the parts separately.
The VRS have massive discs 340mm Ø so not surprised the brakes are good.

Type S also have 320mm Ø discs not just twin pot calipers.
Its expensive going down that road unless you pick up the parts separately.
I was thinking try get them used or refurbished calipers with new type S discs would they be direct fit do you know ?

I'm not sure if they are a direct fit, have you seen this thread regarding brakes on the Mk7 ?

I'm not sure if they are a direct fit, have you seen this thread regarding brakes on the Mk7 ?
That's a fantastic thread thanks

it should work, if logged in google account. anyway, this forum does not allow full image upload.
bc06082b7cd7296497e950066a32aa7f.jpg

ebc03680523cb19cbb2a7ad767cad25d.jpg

f420cc85a1c4bc8474569da1c373ffdf.jpg

I have the es gt, never had a problem stopping. Maybe your brake fluid needs replacing.

I have the es gt, never had a problem stopping. Maybe your brake fluid needs replacing.

Fluid is changed every 2 yrs with good quality fluid. Think it might be more oem disc and pads theres not much mileage on them but not great.

After driving my brothers VRS and jumping back into Accord I could see the brakes need upgrade , They have nearly got me in trouble once or twice not slowly down quick enough. I was wondering has anyone put the type S twin pots on EX GT ? Or will fast road pads do job on oe brakes they come with ? If so what ones are you guys using.
Is this road or racetrack ?

Since you are running a tourer, could it be additional mass in the car (incuding passengers/fares) ?

What tyres do you have on front/back and condition ?

Is this road or racetrack ?

Since you are running a tourer, could it be additional mass in the car (incuding passengers/fares) ?

What tyres do have on front/back and condition ?

Its total daily family bus but only drive with heavy right foot when I am in the car alone and tyres are Hankook Ventus Prime 2 front 75% and rear 90%.