What's new

Exhaust backbox recommendations for a saloon 1.8

simovtec

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
wondering it any of yous are using a aftermarket backbox on your cars and how you got it to fit? as the centre/backbox have the bend in them to join them? was thinking of leaving the bend in place and cutting the pipe just at the back of the old backbox so I will still have the straight bit of pipe and just fit a universal backbox and hold it together with exhaust sealer and a clamp.. or if you could recommend exhausts yous are using that have the bend out the back I would greatly appreciate it. :D

Hi Simon, i'm now running a custom stainless cat back system with a 3" tail pipe. Before that it had a Remus twin pipe back box fitting by the previous owner and a standard centre section. It was really good quality and made specifically to fit the car. i think Sportex is also a make that do them for the 6th Gen.

If you want to go universal though i suppose it will be cheaper and you will have more of a choice but making it sit right may be a pain.

cheers mate. never seen that remus made them for them, was just having a gander online and saw only the sportex aswell as plenty universal ones.. might have a look into the remus and then decide if I want a full cat back on it or not.. thanks mate ;)

Ive just recently bought 3.5" universal for mine found a few place what can fit it but there want 110/120 for fitting it. But i wanna get it on it will sound awesome

Hi Simon, The Remus box that Dale is talking about is a great box and I should know because I bought it off of Dale and it fitted perfectly and sounds good as well :).

hey pete.. yeh ive seen them.. but 300 quid just for the backbox :eek: I think that's a bit of a rip off just for a backbox lol a could get a full de cat system for that made up lol I think im going to go with a sportex at round about 100 pound with the twin rolled pipes... I cant for the life think of how my old accord had its backbox on if it was a custom or not.. thanks for the help... if the remus was cheaper and wasn't square pipes id have probs gave it some consideration

hi,i fitted a bomb style with 3" exit from hornet exhausts on ebay,sounds pretty good but took some tweeking to get it to fit correctly as like you say there's a bend right where the clamp should go.But once it sits right it does look and sound nice....oh and i had to cut about 4" off the end..does anyone know the best thing to do with the centre section on a budget for a little more power?i know it won't be much but can't find any performance systems in the uk for budget modders....