What's new

Exhaust blowing?

tbourner

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Abarth 595
I haven't heard of any diesels on here having blowing exhausts, but my car is sounding pretty boomy at the moment, do they go on these cars?

I had the manifold done a few weeks back, but it was making noise before that, I thought the manifold might fix it but it seems to be getting louder.

What can I check? Or is it a case of taking it into a garage? I've got MOT next month as well.

Do you know a reputable exhaust place. I lucked out recently when Honda told me I needed a new exhaust at £700+ :blink: . I went to a independent exhaust place, they got it up on the ramp, the chap showed me where exactly it was blowing and repaired it for £48.

The moral of the story is, get to someone who can get it up and show you where the problems are. Then look at getting it patched in time for your MOT. Then you have a year to treat yourself to something sporty and custom made ;)

Edit: and just so you know, mine was all rusting through where one pipe becomes two for the twin outlet at the back. The guy said the straight pipe and boxes were all sound. I'd look at joints and/or bends really for places where it cam have worn thin and possible started to develop minute cracks. That's all mine was really.