What's new

exhaust manifold (ACCORD 2007)

nebitomi

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD 2007
hello
i had diagnostic AND INVESTIGATION my Honda Accord 2007 !
engine is knocking when i accelerating!
repair man sad ,need to change EXHAUST MANIFOLD!
WHERE CAN I FIND IT OR BUY IT???
OR ANYBODY HAD SAME PROBLEM BEFORE?
PLEASE HELP

Is your car more than 125k miles? If not then it's a free repair at Honda.

Otherwise have the old one re-welded and pressure tested, that's the cheapest solution and it works.

Hello
I believe this should be covered under an extended warranty from Honda themselves. Take it to a dealership and ask them.
Should not cost you a penny but all depends on what Honda say.

As the guys said

The kit is cheap enough to buy anyway and ya get all new gaskets and shiny bolts too :wub:

Is your car more than 125k miles? If not then it's a free repair at Honda.

Otherwise have the old one re-welded and pressure tested, that's the cheapest solution and it works.
hello no yet 125 k miles!
is it free really???surprise!

hello no yet 125 k miles!
is it free really???surprise!

Yep had mine done a week or so ago. Take it into Honda, they'll check it over and put in a request to Honda to get a warranty claim, then they'll let you know if it will be covered or not and book it in.

The dealer might want to charge you £40 to diagnose it but the repair and replacement is definitely free. get it booked in asap.

If it turns out it's covered under warranty then they shouldn't really charge you( I never do for warranty work), but you should give us £40 for telling you

Have I missed something the issue was knocking are you sure it's the manifold and why would the engine knock if it is. I needed mine repalacing and had to pay for the labour cos it was out of warranty, but the issue was fumes in the cabin not knocking. I'd get a second opinion from a Honda Dealer.

PS that's £40 paypal will be fine, PM for payment details :D

Cracked manifold can make a sound like a knock when the engine is under load too mate..

If this happens you know you had Danger to Manifold.

1o5bm0.jpg

Mine is on 04 plate and manifold needs replacing,so have i got any chance to get it replaced under warranty?? only 112k miles on clock.

Of what steel exaust manifold is made from ?

hello everyone
honda dealer sad ,my repair cost for exhoust manyfold is 770 phond!
what is your openion abaut prices?
where can i find to buy car parts?
and how much is them?
and i dont know need to be change gasket with manyfold?
it is difficult to change my self ??
anyone can give me diy istruction ?

hello everyone
honda dealer sad ,my repair cost for exhoust manyfold is 770 phond!
what is your openion abaut prices?
where can i find to buy car parts?
and how much is them?
and i dont know need to be change gasket with manyfold?
it is difficult to change my self ??
anyone can give me diy istruction ?
Hi, did they tell you why you can't have a free replacement?

Fahad (F6had) has a contact who can remove and weld repair your cracked manifold. I suggest you PM him.

I had mine changed 12 months ago at the dealer just paid labour cost. Car 2005 and had 130k on it at the time. All they asked to see was the service history (which wasn't all done by Honda).

hi, i had to replace my exhaust manifold. look on ebay, theres a honda dealer there selling genuine honda manifold and all gaskets plus heat shield for £299. i bought from them and had local mechanic fit it for £150. hope thats of use. :)

A bargain Ian thanks for the heads up fella

I had mine changed 12 months ago at the dealer just paid labour cost. Car 2005 and had 130k on it at the time. All they asked to see was the service history (which wasn't all done by Honda).

Did you come across any resistance about getting the manifold done, i ask because my local honda dealer is rebuffing my claim and im having to argue about it :(

I visited today one of dealers about manifold and after 40 minutes they came back with news that manifold is leaking and claim has been accepted by honda UK so I'm booked for replacement on 24/10 :D just want to mention that it was second dealer as first said that it's not that bad to accept that, so it was worth to try another one ;)

Well today i have been turned down by 2 dealers and Honda UK, i have full service history and it has been serviced by my company from new at our in house garage that do all our fleet cars, it is a vat registered garage and no back ally set up, honda uk said that because the car had only been serviced by a honda dealership twice they will not honour the good will gesture of the 7yr 125000 warranty extension, has anyone else come accross this before or am i mr unlucky!!

It's up to Honda at the end of the day, and the extended warranty only applies to cars with a full Honda service history at all the correct times. People have got away with it after proving they've bought Honda filters and oil etc., with receipts at the right sort of dates, but like I say it's Hondas decision at the end of the day whether to honour it or not. :(