What's new

Exhaust manifold

jsmith89

Members
Reaction score
Car
1.8 VTEC Sport
I was looking at a stainless steel 4-2-1 manifold and downpipe... but I was having a closer look at the standard one and it looks like a 4-2-1 setup.

The manifold is 4 pipes leading to the downpipe which is 2 pipes and that leads into the single pipe flexi joint.

So are there benefits from having a stainless 4-2-1, high flow cat and stainless mid to back section? Or will it just throw lights on the dash from dodgy sensor readings etc etc?

Joe

It shouldn't throw lights if you install the sensor, you can put spacer on it too. Main benefits from a less restricted cat and smooth flowing exhaust will be better throttle response mostly, car will feel more eager.

Personally I think it would be a lot of money for very little gains, I would only change it when the existing exhaust goes bust and needs changing.

Those were my thoughts as well. When I decided to have a stainless exhaust on my Corolla Tsport I went for CAT back simply because as you say for a complete system its very expensive for a very little in return. CAT back system it is then, nice noise, nice back box tailpipes and no rot.