What's new

exhaust manifold

raymair

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 icdti
hi all, can any one tell me the best place to buy an exhaust manifold and gasket kit for my 04 2.2 i cdti. i have seen a manifold which includes gaskets ect on ebay for £310 icluding postage, is this a good price, its a genuine honda part, many thanks ray

hi all, can any one tell me the best place to buy an exhaust manifold and gasket kit for my 04 2.2 i cdti. i have seen a manifold which includes gaskets ect on ebay for £310 icluding postage, is this a good price, its a genuine honda part, many thanks ray
I would give HH a ring 1st for a quote.

I would give HH a ring 1st for a quote.
I have heard from this site that the original manifold was welded in the middle. That is the one that suffers from the weld cracking. The later ones are one piece, solving that problem. The one on ebay looks like the old two piece manifold, welded in the middle. I could be wrong, but they might be old stock. Another member who has actually seen both manifolds might be able to give a more informed opinion.

I have heard from this site that the original manifold was welded in the middle. That is the one that suffers from the weld cracking. The later ones are one piece, solving that problem. The one on ebay looks like the old two piece manifold, welded in the middle. I could be wrong, but they might be old stock. Another member who has actually seen both manifolds might be able to give a more informed opinion.

Thats correct John the old manifold was welded.But the new modified one is solid with no weld.

Ray, another member successfully re-welded his own manifold. If you're going to the trouble of having it removed, just have it rewelded and pressure tested.. it's basically just the welds that crack in the original part.

oh the joys of google :lol:

http://www.holdcrofthonda.co.uk/

The details are here mate.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/6295-ordering-parts-from-hh/page__pid__73361#entry73361

just a quick thank you, exhaust on its way from holdcroft honda, many thanks again
ray

Thanks to this forum I just had my manifold crack and had my beloved 2005 ctdi tourer try to slowly kill me with carbon monoxide. After seeing this thread I contacted my local dealer Johnsons Honda in Slough and they took in in straight away and within 2hrs agreed the fault to be fixed under warranty. They sorted it out totally free of charge (they valleted the car too) within a week as the new manifold had to be ordered in. Saved me a lot of money thanks everyone. My car was an 05 with 92k miles on the clock and chatting to the technicians at Honda it is around 90k that this cracking starts to occur.

Thanks to this forum I just had my manifold crack and had my beloved 2005 ctdi tourer try to slowly kill me with carbon monoxide.

Not our fault bud :lol: :lol:

Glad you got it sorted though!

Sorry misread. I meant to say thanks to this forum for letting us all know about this fault that can occur. Nicely spotted dan. Top job

:lol: Just pulling your chain...