What's new

f20b6 decat

Shidoq

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I think I have seen people mention using spaces to over ride the sensors, without the sensor at all you will get EML come on of course.

Sound shouldn't be very different as you will still have your silencer and mid resonator in place.

Have you considered getting a sports cat instead? Would be less hassle.

Which options is better ?

4-2-1 -> stock cat -> straight pipe -> ****ler civic VTI (opened)

4-2-1 -> stock cat with smashed the internals out -> straight pipe -> ****ler civic VTI (opened)

4-2-1 -> decat (with extender to solve labda problem) -> straight pipe -> ****ler civic VTI (opened)

Depends what you prefer. First one will be pretty noisy with the added restrictions of the cat which will slightly hit performance gains of a straight pipe. Second one seems pointless and destroying a good cat, better off just having straigh through all the way to get a sports cat fitted which is a lot less restrictive. Last one will probably give you few more HP and make car breathe better and feel more eager, but might be very loud depending on what the ****ler is like. Personally I hate the very loud type exhausts especially ones that drone at high speed.

what then do you recommend ?
i dont like very loud exhaust either.

I would go with first option, possibly with a sports cat to improve performance, but I would first check how loud and what kind of noise the ****ler makes, because it might drone at high speed or make annoying fart can style noises, remember that it will become noisier already without mid resonator.

so sport cat it is :) but nothing is wrong with civic ****ler on accord i will not losee power ?

Not familiar with civic ****ler so cant say anything for certain, but if its a sport ****ler then you would think it will be less retsrictive and caus eless back pressure than standard ****ler that is there to lower noise. Have you checked it will fit the Accord? Might be better to just get custom exhaust made all the way through from cat.

The F20B6 is the 2.0 16v SOHC VTEC found in the 6th gen Euro Accords, there are other variants of the F20 if i remember correctly.

Best to get custom exhaust made.