What's new

F20B6 Remap

Yadash

Members
Reaction score
Hey Guys, does anyone know how much the stock F20B6 produced in the Accord and how much I might be able to squeeze out if I decided to chip my ECU? Also do you think it's possible to remap the gearbox so that the tiptronic shifts are less jerky and the car doesn't downshift for me?

There is no way to map the car so the changes are less violent. At least not that i know of.

Stock the F20 engine should be putting out 138bhp. If it were only mapped then you'll stil only be looking at about a 10bhp increase if you're lucky. There are no easy ways to get more power out of the F20 engine. The best bet is a set of cams from someone like Bisimoto. But even then you'll still need a new ECU to run them. Otherwise the car will run waaaaay too rich and this will kill your plugs for definate, and can lead to pre detonation and the end of the engine.

Hey, thanks Simon. What kind of power increase do you think I'll be getting with the new cams and ECU, I recently had a dyno and my car is only putting out 110hp at the flywheel.

I know this will sound harsh mate, but save the money and buy a 2.4 7th gen. Much better car to own and tune if you're into petrols.

Insurance might be a bit of a killer for him tho0ugh Faddy :lol:

I know this will sound harsh mate, but save the money and buy a 2.4 7th gen. Much better car to own and tune if you're into petrols.
How about ths one? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201139418457359/sort/priceasc/usedcars/maximum-mileage/up_to_80000_miles/transmission/automatic/price-to/9000/price-from/6000/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old/model/accord/make/honda/keywords/2.4/page/1/radius/60/postcode/tw107ah/image-id/1809144246?logcode=p

So you're at about 90 at the wheels. To be honest it doesn't sound as if the engine is running like it should be. I did a serious amount of research into tuning the F20B6 cuase i used to have a 2.0 se. But in then i decided that the best thing, both financially and for reliability was to just buy a Type R.

Having said that though, if this is what you really wanna do then with the cams and an ECU you're probably only looking at an increase of about 40bhp. This increase includes already having the breather mods on the car. So a filter, preferably long ram, a de-cat, mani if you can find a company to get one from, and finally an exhaust.

Tuning the F20 engine is a ****** nightmare mate. There is sooo miuch that needs to go into it, and all that comes at a HUGE cost.

Sorry the post is rather negative, but i've already done all the research as i said when i had my 2.0.

Agree with the above tbh...

No point tuning the petrol models when you can go & buy a better model (such as a type r). Too expensive for minimal gains

yeah, I guess it's pointless, I might just get it to a honda dealer for a full service and hope for some power to come back

the gear changes on ours is silky smooth, maybe needing the ATF changed?

Yeah, I'll have that checked out. As much as I would like to buy a new car I would have to save up around 100 weeks to be able to afford a decent 7th gen :( and I also wouldn't be able to drive it for two years becuase I don't have a license yet. For now this is the only car I have/ am allowed to work on

Yeah, I'll have that checked out. As much as I would like to buy a new car I would have to save up around 100 weeks to be able to afford a decent 7th gen :( and I also wouldn't be able to drive it for two years becuase I don't have a license yet. For now this is the only car I have/ am allowed to work on

If you're just working on the car, then here's a list of things you can do,.

1 - EGR valve
2 - EGR plate
3 - Oil and fuel filter
4 - cam cover off, and do the valve clearances
5 - plugs leads and dizzy cap
6 - replace droplink
7 - coolant change

That should get you started:lol:

6 - replace droplink

Sorry to be dumb, but what is a droplink?

The metal rods which connects the Anti Roll Bars to the the lower A-Arms of the suspension. They tend to worn not easily or even break, and most times, they are the cause for noises in irregular roads.

The metal rods which connects the Anti Roll Bars to the the lower A-Arms of the suspension. They tend to worn not easily or even break, and most times, they are the cause for noises in irregular roads.
And can also cause some very uncharacteristic handling traits. :lol: :lol: I remember when i had new ones put on. What a difference!!!

And can also cause some very uncharacteristic handling traits. :lol: :lol: I remember when i had new ones put on. What a difference!!!

i'll 2nd that, when the car got its mot last year i drove it and it was fine, it failed for broken drop links, on the drive home it was rolling all over the place - so much so i felt sea sick!

replaced easy enough but to this day i say the tester broke them as it was fine on the drive to the station.

Yeah, I have a warning light on for the EGR valve, and Honda Quoted me 350 pounds to have it done. Where do I find the valve? I would be super happy to get that sorted out.

Yeah, I have a warning light on for the EGR valve, and Honda Quoted me 350 pounds to have it done. Where do I find the valve? I would be super happy to get that sorted out.

Never mind guys, I found it on one of Simon's Posts :D thanks

Yeah pretty much the same place. Some people have said it's a little more fiddly than on the H22A7 lump. But still a pretty simple job to do. Even i managed it and im rather heavy handed :lol: