What's new

FACELIFT FUEL FILTER-PETROL

urban boy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Civic EK4 B18
Hi,

My Accord 2.4 petrol is having a service tomorrow, i have been quoted for the Fuel Filter to be changed (car is 6 years old and 26K) does this need to be done on age or mileage, i know it's important but they charge £125 for the job, also where is it located? under the rear seat?

Thanks

The 2.4 petrol's fuel filter is a very fiddly job and whilst the part isn't that expensive, I believe it's labour intensive, hence the price. It is worth getting done however.

Agree with Steve its worth getting done as this part is 6 years old.
It might be worth getting a quote from a good non dealers or have a go yourself.
Cliff did a DIY on this but I think it was lost.
I will have a look later

Going off personal experience ive never noticed any difference after changing a fuel filter in a car. The last time I changed one was on a 12 year old Primera GT with 130k on the clock and AFAIK the fuel filter had never been done before that. Can't say it made the least bit of difference to performance or economy. Petrol is a pretty good cleaner in itself ;)

Indeed, this is true, but as a recommended aspect of the service intervals, I think it's better to be safe than sorry. I know after I had my massive 7 year service when the fuel filter was one of the things changed, the car was sublime afterwards. I don't doubt other aspects contributed also, but I personally would have it changed if it's due.

But is it recommended guys? I didn't see somewhere in the manual

I wouldn't replace a fuel filter unless I suspected it was becoming a problem. It won't do any harm to the car, the car won't suddenly stop dead and the ECU will report when and if there becomes a problem with the fuel delivery.

Honda recommends 75k miles or 6 years for the fuel filter change, means mine is due this year too :rolleyes: