What's new

Fault codes for Flashing Coil Light

MeatyChi

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 CDTi
After reading the thread about the honda stealers charging £45 to drive your car around the block I though I would post this one up to see what people think??

As you may have read in some of my other posts I recently paid for a service at a dealer as part of that service they connected their diagnostics machine up to check my ABS, something else and my engine. Apparently there were no faults found however before taking it in I experienced the common loss of power problem followed by the flashing coil light.

Now my thinking is surely this should have created a fault code in my engine diagnostics yet they reported this as being clear???

I used to have a ***-COM for my Audi, what is Hondas equivalent and can anyone tell me what the fault code is for this problem?

Thanks for the link!! Should the fault have appeared in the engine diagnostics that they apparently performed?

Oh and I love the way V A G has been screened - even the urban dictionary gets picked up these days!

The flashing coil light and loss of power is nearly always fuel filter or restricted fuel pressure.