What's new

Fault codes p16a2 and p16a4

froezen

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-cdti Executive
Oh dear. My accord normally starts with the first turn of the engine. Last night, it wouldn't start. On the second turn of the key however, it started straight away but now I had the CEL on.

This morning the cars CEL was off. I plugged in my cheapo OBD2 reader and read the code P16a2 and P16a4.

Sooo, my question is, does anyone know what these codes signify? Any hints greatly appreciated.

Oh dear. My accord normally starts with the first turn of the engine. Last night, it wouldn't start. On the second turn of the key however, it started straight away but now I had the CEL on.

This morning the cars CEL was off. I plugged in my cheapo OBD2 reader and read the code P16a2 and P16a4.

Sooo, my question is, does anyone know what these codes signify? Any hints greatly appreciated.

Try this link

http://hondaaccord.wikidot.com/obd-codes

Both codes seem to be ECU related (ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM) INTERNAL CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION). Maybe someone can confirm this.
Probably a voltage surge or something caused by your first try at starting it. Let's hope so. ;)

Never seen those before.. Has your car suffered from a weak battery at all?

Thanks for the link Ibbi, but it doesn't list my codes. I did find a website with generic codes though. It seems one code relates to the ECU voltage being too high, or too low. The other code means the ECU was rebooted.

You may be right Fahad. For now, I've cleared the faults and i'll see how it goes.

The only reason I suggest the battery is that if there was a slight loss of power and the ECM circuitry suffered a voltage drop, it will throw up an error as it momentarily loses communication.